Why do guys never approach me/ask me out?

Okay I feel awkward writing this but I will attempt to put my thoughts into a question. I'm a 17 year old female, currently studying law at university and I've never had a boyfriend. I've been called attractive by many people (I even did that silly photofeeler thing, where people rate your photo and got 98% attractive rating) but i constantly doubt myself as surely if I was that attractive guys would ask me out? I was very shy at school and could never talk to guys first, unfortunately for me they never spoke to me either. Any time I go out or go to parties the only guys that approach me are either gay or have a girlfriend. My gay male friend once said that I was super attractive and guys must be intimidated as I am 'hot' and 'smart'. Again I can't really see what would intimidate as I try to be friendly to everyone and guys normally say that I'm really nice. I'm not really sure what my question is, but I constantly feel lonely and believe that something must be wrong with me if guys aren't interested. In your opinion why do guys avoid me? And what can I do to rectify this? I also have eye contact with a lot of guys but never approach them due to the fear that they aren't interested, should I just go for it and talk to them? Anyway thanks for reading, hope you didn't get too bored and also somewhat understand what I'm feeling/asking. Thank you:)

What Guys Said 5

• I think guys are intimidated because they probably think that they are going to be rejected by you. But in all honesty they are interested in you, especially if you or they make eye contact with you. I know it's weird to think that rejection would be a factor, but no one wants to be rejected by anyone. You may be feeling the same way which is why you're shy and and don't go up to guys and talk to them in fear of what bad things they would say. I know it's customary for guys to come up to a girl first and start conversations but nowadays the ball is in either court. I bet if you came out and talked to guys first, you'll be so surprised that the very guy you talk to would say or find you attractive. I know building the courage up to do it is tough, but once you break the ice with that person, it'll be a lot easier for you. I wish you luck in your quest to be brave and talk to guys :)

• Maybe they feel your out of their league or too good but when you catch a guy looking at you smile back at him it's obviously up to the guy to make the first move but it can be a little intimidating when you not use to chatting to guys your only human but don't be hard on yours self I'm assure you will get at guy at some point

• A lot of guys care about leagues. If they think you are too good and smart, then they will not approach you. Mostly because they do not make to make a fool of themselves.

• I don't know

• Maybe the kind of person you attract is the kind of person that wants to BE ASKED out rather than do the asking.

What Girls Said 3

• Stop waiting to guys to ask you out and go and ask them out.

• If they don't have the confidence to talk to you, then show them that you have the confidence to talk them. Works for me.

• If your attractive have more confident in your self guys love when a girls are confident and don't act so shy.