Why do so many men think women have high standards?

I'm well aware there's women out there that do, but I keep seeing men generalizing this and assuming ALL women have high standards because they got rejected by a hot girl, or even when a friend gets rejected. It's like "nope all women have high standards" while most of us don't.

I think most of our standards are standards that men have too.
be funny
be attractive (to me)
not be creepy

These are the standards I assume everyone has. But men always say "women have such high standards!!" And when I ask them to name them, nothing.

When I take a look at men's standards, I've heard these:
has to be curvy and skinny
has to wear make up but be beautiful without it
has to have style
not be slutty
etc.

I'm not saying this applies to all men AT ALL, but why do so many seem to think our standards are that high? Are they just insecure?

• They have experienced women with high standards
  • They are insecure
  • They are un-experienced
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• There's a difference between what people say they want, and what they end up with lol

I think everyone has the same standard because everyone wants the the same thing, someone who makes them happy, and people are willing to compromise on their wishlist for the right person.

• Because it's not an equal playing field when it comes to dating. Most dudes figure they need to ask girls on dates to get there and most girls are conditioned to think that if a guy is interested, they'll show her how much he likes her. Usually resulting in many guys figuring girls simply sit there like logs and wait for the dude to suck up to her as much as possible. Conversely, this results in most girls showing subtle cues that they want him to hit on them, but rarely actually taking initiative to ask guys on dates. Whether this is actually the case is more subjective than objective. But this is usually how it works out. Guys asks and goes out on limbs, girls tend to wait for said guy or guys to ask them out. So, for many guys when we get rejected, when we don't feel the same reciprocation when asking chicks out, especially if a lot of effort is involved, many dudes will simply feel used and see it as a form of mooching. And considering how high the rejection rate for most guys actually are, the sheer amount of rejections doesn't help. Especially when most guys think, or at least hear, how most girls want guys who are the stuff you said. They'll have a checkbox where they fit all the criteria and still get rejected

• I went inexperience, it is a defence mechanism against rejection, it sounds more rational than "She must be a lesbian" - As they get older they will realise that everyone gets turned down at some stage and it is not some great conspiracy invented by women to make men suffer just individuals have preferences.

• they simply don't understand women, or at least don't fully understand their priorities. For guys, sex is the criteria by which we evaluate women. Would we 'bang' her, or not? If the answer is yes, then at the first opportunity we do just that. If the answer is no, then we will anyway, if all the girls in our "yes" column say no.

Guys also assume sex is the "whole point" of girls' criteria. This is wrong, but in thinking that, they only notice that very few girls sleep with any of the guys. Thus, it is assumed that girls must have high standards of who they sleep with. But this is not really the case - it's just that women have a different type of standards. Physical standards are a thing, but they aren't everything. Guys don't get this.

• I think it's a coping mechanism for talking themselves out of asking a girl out.

You wouldn't believe the logic a guy can come up with to convince himself to not try approaching a girl.

• 1d

That actually makes sense, lol. So you do think it's out of insecurity then?

• 1d

Yeah I think it's just about the fear of rejection at least that's it for me.

• women dont have high standards, they have no standards to begin with the only difference is that some focus on money and looks and others on the whole package but just look at women, plenty date bad boys, plenty get pumped and dumped, plenty got hurt at some point, women are emotional standards are logical it has no place in a womans mind it only exists for men to women its how they feel, dont get me wrong i have no freaking idea how to make them feel like wanting a guy i just know that they want to feel they want you to want you.

• i see all these girls that say they want a guy that wants a relationship and won't cheat or something like that... very simple.

but then soon as u get into it, all the sudden ANOTHER checklist comes out... pass that then ANOTHER checklist comes out, then ANOTHER. its like what the fuck happened to just wanting a guy that wanted to be in a relationship and wouldn't cheat and shit... what happened to simple?

its like a greed thing, as soon as they think they have something they go for more or something. its annoying as hell but personally i dont really care. i will end up with the best deal for myself in the end, i just wish i didn't have to waste so much time with triffling bitches.

• I used to think so because I could never get any girl. But now when I see fat ugly retarded guys get laid while I've never had even a kiss, I realize its not about high standards, women just don't want ME

• 1d

Don't feel bad, women don't know what they want.

• 1d

@Gommers either way, Im staying forever alone

• 1d

Have some confidence bro.

• Umm, because they do?
    That's not a bad thing per se, but if you "want it all" you'll either end up with good actors which will manipulate the sh*t out of you, or you will miss a lot of good chances.

• Your standards are always higher than you think. Remember that.

• Consumerism

• There exist women who have high expectations/standards. Lucy92 comes to my mind. She could be one.

• Bateman's principle is just simple biology, 1% of men can knock up 100% of women so 99% of men are superfluous to reproduction. Thus women are hypergamous and picky

• Women have higher standards than men do, that alone is enough to mess up with the dating game.

• 1d

How come? Explain why you think that?

• 15h

@Gommers mature for a twenty six year old I see. Done with you.

• 14h

Women never mature to the same level that men do, they top out around 18 whereas men top out around 25. The only time that you really force responsibility is when you have children, and women still don't really do that; they do whatever makes them happy and makes money for the kid. If a man fucks up once while he has a kid, he'll lose the kid.

• Normal

• U have to be a guy to understand this😂😂 really tho

• Because a lot of them do.

• because its the truth

and women can afford to have high standards, because they get a lot of choice

men are statistically more willing to go with any woman. women are far more picky. this creates a dynamic in which more men face rejection than women ever do

this is also why for men its considered an achievement to sleep with many women, and for women it is considered slutty to sleep with many men

• 23h

downvoting won't make it less true, ladies!

• 9h

kys twat

• 8h

Just stop trying.

• Because being expected to ask out a girl and pay for her dinner is considered "high standard" by most guys these days. Sad.

What Girls Said 5

• If a guy has trouble with women, he's going to think women's standards are unrealistic because they don't fit the preference.

if you don't meet the standard, you're going to be unsatisfied with the standard

• the thing is you have to be attracted to the person. He could be good looking, funny, and not creepy, but those are all subjective things. Everyone has high standards because they all think differently. Those guys have probably dated picky girls.

• Cuz a good percentage of them are jackasses

• Because they first just want a warm place to put their penis, and most women will do. They see women wanting to get along and feel attraction as just a pointless roadblock to his penis pleasure.

When getting laid becomes normal to them, they realize actually getting along and having her actually dig you matters.

• Because you don't want to date them.