When does financial status become an important issue to women, for example going on 30 but working in fast food or still driving a hoopty car?

Most Helpful Girl

• by the time you are 22-23 you should be making a good professional entry level earning. By thirty you should be a lot further along than a fast food job.

• 6d

lol what world are you living in?

• 6d

Ok it's good to have goals and have a idea of where one should be. She's not wrong and many do achieve what she's saying. No dissagreemen here on my part. I m starting a second career but I own my home and worth 6 figure so I don't feel like an underachiever but you should build and have a plan.

• 5d

@GinNJuice I'm just saying i knew very smart men who had their shit together who couldn't get entry level jobs until 25-27. hell i knew a guy that is in his fifties that's worth millions who was not really doing well until his forties.

What Girls Said 13

• Personally I don't really care, it would only start to matter once we have kids and if my wages aren't enough to cover the kids (assuming I'll be earning more than you) then I might as you to start looking for a better higher earning job or at least an apprenticeship somewhere so you can go onto something bigger later. If however I earn enough to provide for the kids I wouldn't care, in fact you could probably become a house dad lol

• it depends on the woman. some women were brought up to be class conscious and have always been that way. some women do not care at all and have never cared. i know women who will date men who dont even have jobs and will move them in and take care of them. for me, it was when i was about 24-25. when i started to really take off in my career and make decent money, i decided that any guy i dated should have similar experiences. it just wouldn't make sense for me to be a young professional but be dating a guy who was making minimum wage.

• I don't care what you do as long as you support yourself. I have two degrees and currently working as a bartender. I've had multiple people go on at me for having such a low job. But you know what I can work less than 30hrs a week and make more than most people. I get to sleep in I just took a 3 week vacation with little warning that I saved for in 2 weeks. Now if I had some white collar job that could never of happened. Ya of course people will judge you but that doesn't matter. But if you're 30 living at home borrowing money and have no way to support yourself that's a problem

• I don't care really, of course it is nice to have some money spare but as long as I have a place to live and enough to live from, I'm alright. However it is important to be able to care for the future family because I do want kids. I don't want to swim in money, just want my children to grow up healthy and safely.

• Depends on the girl. But as long you make enough to afford a home and I'm not saying by yourself, I believe that both partners should help each other out, and afford all of the important things you need, pay for bills. It shouldn't really matter where you work.
    For instance, my boyfriend works at UPS and at a pizza place. I will be working at a senior home as a caregiver. If we moved in together we can afford a 2 bedroom apartment. I want to help pay bills I'm not going to watch him work his ass off to pay for everything.

• It depends on the person. Some women are okay with being the majority contributor to a household account, and some women prefer their partner to be on equal or close to equal footing financially. Same as men. Some men are fine with being the main contributor and some men prefer their partner to contribute equally. There are some perfectly okay people going on 30 and still making minimum wage - do what you need to do, I guess. You shouldn't be driving a hoopty car though. Nothing about a hoopty car is good. If you're driving a hoopty car and still working at fast food restaurants, you most likely don't need to be thinking about how women might perceive your current financial status and you need to work on getting right.

• If she's pregnant with your child, I'm sure financial stability would be on her mind.

Luckily I'm a struggling actor so I understand if you don't work the best job. As long as you don't plan to stay there your whole life then Idc

• Just think like this: Would you want your daughter to date someone who can't even financially support themselves?
    Exactly..

• Honestly, I think it depends on the family that the person comes from or just the type of person in general. Some people care about money more than others. Really, there is no specific age, is what I am trying to say.

• i care already and i'm 18. my parents taught me that

• It depends on the demographic of the gal. Plenty of couples are broke together. If she grew up in a family that didn't live hand to mouth, though, that lifestyle will make her too uncomfortable. Likewise, if she worked really hard to get ahead, she won't want someone who isn't trying very hard.

• I've always cared. My dad brought me up with the mindset that I need to have a good career, and any man I'm with needs the same. He doesn't want me to struggle and definitely doesn't want some dude making me struggle.
    My dad would be heartbroken if I started life with nothing, and then what? Went on to start a family with no money and just struggling for the rest of my life.

It's not like it needs to be huge salaries, especially if we're happy, but it needs to be comfortable at least. Like we should be able to pay bills without panic, and buy food without having to worry about bills, it doesn't need to be owning boats and 8 cars lol. c

• Sorry but a man has to provide so being 30 and working in fast food is a no-no.

• 6d

you just admitted equality is bullshit.

• 6d

Have you ever cheated

• 6d

No I haven't cheated.

What Guys Said 3

• it starts to matter when they are losing value in the market place. so it really doesn't matter what they want.

• By 30 easy. Need to already have a good job OR working on BA or Masters degree and shitty job.. not just lame jog

• It always matters.