Is a kiss on the cheek appropriate after senior prom?

I'm taking a really good friend to prom this year. I really like her and she knows that I have more than just a friendly interest in her. I've never bothered hiding that. Recently we've been spending even more time together and she treats me essentially as her boyfriend with the sole exceptions that she won't let me pay for anything unless we're actually on a date and we don't do anything particularly physical.

The problem is that she has a boyfriend... She breaks up with him all the time, they rarely (as in maybe once a month tops) see each other, and they don't even talk much.

Prom night is going to be wild and I wouldn't be that surprised if we got well passed kissing before the night ends. That said, it's entirely possible that nothing will happen.

So my question is this: Would it be appropriate for me to give her a kiss on the cheek outside her door when I take her home?

• Really? A kiss? Is that it?
  • Absolutely. Go for it!
  • Depends on how the night goes, but that's probably okay.
  • Depends on how the night goes, but probably not.
  • No. Never.

What Girls Said 1

• Umm well I kiss people on the cheek all the time and they kiss me, it's not a big deal at all. I don't even put any thought into it. But yes that's completely appropriate, if you didn't I would almost find it rude.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, on a cultural note, sex is the traditional activity after senior prom, so a kiss is nothing.