Dating and religion?

Do very religious people (in my case specifically, a Christian teenager) date outside their religion? Or even their race?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't date a religious person... I don't see why a religious person wouldn't date out of their race, I'm not aware of any major religion that specifically forbids such a thing. Seems to me that dating outside ones religion 'should' be a bigger issue that dating outside your race from religions perspective.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• If you are very religious then you should have already formed some sort of idea of what kind of man you want and what religious preferences you want him to have. If you are a religious women, why would you want to be with someone who isnt?

• yes.

• Generally a very religious Christian teenager will most likely date other Christians. As it is in the Bible saying Do Not Be Unequally Yoked and it specifically tells Christians not to date someone who isn't also a believer. I'm not super religious but I do consider myself a Christian and I wouldn't even date someone who wasn't at least slightly religious so I'm pretty sure a VERY religious person would be strict about that as well. Also I've know a lot of very religious Christians so I can say that most of them would not date outside their religion. As for race, it depends on the person. If you are in the Bible Belt probably not, like a60% chance they wouldn't but still it's an individual decision.

• It's so complicated to have a relationship were beliefs are so different, but I know many people that date out of their religion... That's not wrong... I mean... the fact that the other person doesn't agree with what you believe in, doesn't mean this person is an alien you should never have contact with... I think the only problem with this kind of relationship is that you could end up leaving your religion; if you start to have problems because of the differences in beliefs and you're not a very strong person and are not very convinced of what you believe in, you could easily give up on ''your beliefs''... or you could bring the other person into your community and as you are a Christian teenager well, that would be awesome. Many people date out of their religion, some leave it after some time and some make the other person believe in it too... It's a matter of how convinced you are of your religion.

• My boyfriend has not decided what he believes in yet. It's hard for me to be with him because he has chosen a religion yet. But I don't date outside of Christianity simply because I don't think I could understand the other person thought about their religion and there would be problems caused for sure by that.