Is he just an internet illusion? Please help me! I need your advice!

I met this guy online and he started to call me. anyway I have found him strange sometimes, but I don't know if this is a red flag. I have no idea, actually

we talk for over a month and he came up with the idea that we should meet. Even at the beginning I've been a bit reserved, now I like the idea, and I told him how happy I would be to meet him.

his work require a lot of travel, but now he is home. I thought we are going to see each other this weekend, but he didn't say anything about that. we barely talked.

I have thinking that I must call him, because it was him the only one who was calling (we talk for hours). the strange thing is that I called on Saturday and his phone was off. I thought he was sleeping and that's why he kept it off. But I tried to call him on Sunday too. his mobile phone was off...

this is a serious red flag from my point of view. If he is not in a hurry to come to see me, even is obvious we like each other, and he keeps his mobile phone off, I think something is wrong. I know he has 2 mobile phones cause I heard the other one ringing while we were talking

please tell me what do you think about that? I really need your help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be careful. There's of course always a risk with online dating. My advice is: wait until he contacts you. But if your gut is telling you something is not right, listen to your instincts. DON'T ignore your instincts; they're there for a reason. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Wait for him to call and find out what is going on. Do NOT meet him until you are sure it is really safe. If you have doubts move on.

• okay well you need him to do a verify pic or webcam.

What Girls Said 2

• Online dating is a bit risque but if its meant to be then it will happen! Guys don't like too pushy girls and if he wants to talk to you, he will. Maybe he is busy. If things continue on like this for longer than a week or so, I would believe it is an illusion. But sometimes things just go wrong and he can't call you or something. Good Luck (:

• AVOID.

These are textbook red-flag signs. It's amazing how predators can create believable aliases, and this guy seems to be slipping up.

If, in a moment of weakness, you decide to try again, ALWAYS let someone know you're doing this, have their number, and make them swear to have their phone on them. Agree on a time she/he should call a code word for "come get me, *now*" Say you choose your friend Angela, and she hates being called Angie. If the situation is going south, and she calls at the agreed upon time, and you call her Angie, then she'll know to get you out of there.

I still seriously recommend dropping this guy from your life, though.