What's the perfect date movie?

I'm renting a movie this weekend, any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• You really have to pick something that appeals to both you and your date. Sure, you might think rom-coms are a good choice, but they bore me half to death. Same with Freidberg and Seltzer comedies (Really, guys? Really?). I'd rather see a documentary (especially if it's on a topic of particular interest to me). If you find something that you both can get into, then at the very least you're both going to have a good time watching it and you'll have a lot to talk about during/after the movie.

That being said, the movie you pick says something about you personally. If you want to show off your interests and help her get to know you better, pick a movie that means a lot to you or that you really, really like. If she likes the same thing, fantastic! If not, then, well, you've learned something about each other anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• Saw 2. That way when she gets scared, she'll grab your arm and you can cleverly slide it over her shoulder comfortingly. Works every time. ;)

Okay, well, those other few people are right. Understand what she likes and what you like. If she likes something sappy, and you hate it, don't watch it just for her. You have many options when it comes to genres. In any case, try looking at reviews. I know not everyone likes the same thing, but generally if others think a movie sucks, you might too. Just make sure the reviews give examples and elaborate. But other than that, yeah, find out what her tastes are and go from there. Oh, wait. Or "his"... Good luck. =)

• The Vampire Effect with Jackie Chan. It's very cute, and good for a date movie, but also actiony enough if it's just you.

• "Date Movie" Funny as hell

• lol, I was gonna say that, you beat to the punch. of course you answered this 4 months ago, so I'm a little slow. :D

What Guys Said 8

• There are millions of movies out there but let me help by classifying some of my opinions on selecting the right movie:

First, you need to know your date: Do you know if she told you about disliking a certain type of genre (i.e. her telling you she hates horror films)? If not, don't worry about it. Next, is this your girlfriend or someone you are taking on a "date".

Second, you need to understand the varying selections of genres out there:

Bad:

- Gore/Blood/Guts: Never a good selection for a date movie unless the girl you're seeing loves gore movies like "black hawk down"

Good:

- Horror films ("Scary" movies): Awesome choice, they allow the girl your seeing a reason to hold your arm without looking desperate.

- Romance films: Good for a relationship, but please avoid them for the first date

- Comedies: Always a good choice, everyone likes a good laugh

- Action: It'll keep you on the edge of your seat, but it won't necessary help you in winning over the girl

- Documentary: If the documentary is good, it shows that you may be educated but a lot less interesting than she thought; documentaries are good to watch by yourself, not with a girl of interest

etc etc etc

Just use common sense and understand the movie you are selecting; there are a lot of good choices, I don't think you should necessarily "worry" about if she will like it or not; just find a good movie that you enjoy, if she doesn't have the same taste you will actually learn something about her for your later decision on whether or not you both are compatible for a long term relationship or if this is just a summer-fling for both her and yourself.

~ ArtistBBoy

• My man artistbboyy with the nail down...exactly what I would have said....id personally recommend anything scary and or funny...OR BOTH...scary movie, club dread, etc...those are scary at some points but also funny so you get a mix of omg hold onto me and omg that's hilarious.....good luck

• Exactly mastaplan, those are some good recommendations.

• Try to give her a movie she hasn't see in years. Go for something classic. Something she likes, but hasn't seen in a while. Maybe along the lines of "Zoolander" (Women seem to really like this movie. I don't know why.)

Or, you could try to give her a flick that she loved as a child. I suggest something timeless, like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "Back to the Future". Again, these are films people LOVE watching, but most haven't taken the time to watch in years. People love rewatching movies they haven't even thought about since they were kids.

But, you should just ask her friends what she'd enjoy in a movie. If they like you, they'll give you good movie advice. After all: they are her GF's, and they'd know what she finds romantic in a film. It doesn't even have to be a romance to be romantic. I truly good movie is all it takes, without needing the mushy stuff. But it could be a romance too, though. Ya dig?

• If you're looking for a Romantic Comedy type that's a little older one I actually enjoyed was Love Actually. Didn't get the greatest reviews but I dug it and so did she.

Of course if those types of films aren't her thing then don't do it. Find something in a genre she likes and if possible something you'll enjoy as well. I never EVER want to relive my 3 hours of torture with Titanic. Towards the end of that I just wanted to jump into the ocean too.

• Blast from the past.

Or if you want to go a little off the beaten path, Howard the Duck worked for me and my girlfriend.

• Make sure you pick a movie that both of you will enjoy. I think that's the most important thing. Nothing too heavy, boring, or high-minded.

• There's a ton of movies that are good for a first date, or just a date in general. "She's out of my league" is recent, and it's pretty good. My favorite would have to be "Love Actually" though.

• Date Movie.

• Fifty First Dates or the Waterboy