What is the WORST date you've ever been on?

My worst date: I was 19 and home for the summer from my first year at college. I joined POF and met a guy who was 21 in my area. He'd just graduated and was working in a coffee shop. Anyway, the date was going okay until he started talking about how none of his friends were around anymore (moved away) and how lonely he was. I felt bad for him, because that sucks right, but then he started crying. I waited for him to pull himself together, which he did but continued to be a bit miserable.

He then started asking how many people I'd been with, as he'd looked at my Facebook page (I hadn't added him) and he'd been looking at pictures of me and some male friends on my course who he thought I'd been with. He didn't believe me when I said they were just friends.

I said that I'd dated a guy at college and he started asking about his dick size to which I declined to answer.

So yeah, the date ended and we never spoke again. Ironically, the guy I dated at college is now my long term boyfriend :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• I met up with this one girl from online dating who seemed nice enough. We actually got along pretty well from texting. When I get to the coffee shop we agreed to meet at, she was still wearing her medical scrubs from work, but that's not really a big deal, just a strange juxtaposition from me all dressed nicely. She begins to talk and I see that she has full braces which she conveniently did not show in her profile at all. But it's not like I can blame her, and it's good that she takes oral health seriously. The main problem with this girl was that it was an awkward date. So many awkward silences and me trying to coax into conversations but resulting in her giving a few words for an answer. I could tell she was nervous and a little insecure of herself, so I decided to brave the awkwardness and continue on until she warms up. I'm sitting there, coffee in hand, as we both aren't talking to each other and just wondering if she even wanted to be there and what was going on in her head. And after an hour and a half later of the same awkwardness, I called it quits. I never talked to this girl again after the date and she never talked to me either. I think we both could feel the date had taken a nose dive and there was no recovering from the crash. Fortunately, sometimes bad or awkward dates are necessary to be really happy with good dates.

• The last line, I completely agree.

• On one date the girl told me she had a rough life and had to prostitute herself at one point and let a guy take a dump on her for 500$... Good thing I never slept with her

• Some girl in London, slightly fat. Strong opinions. Arrogant. Left in Silence. LOL

• Seems like he is depressed... At least you can be friends with him if you two want...

• This was years ago! I'm 26 now and he's married with a kid. I think he was just very insecure back then.

• Hahah aaa ok :-)
      Have a nice day

• You too bab :)

• This girl was begging me for a date for weeks. She flirted with me all the time, told me that she would love to go out with me. So I said yes, which guy wouldn't if being asked out by a girl.

She talked about herself the whole date. Her instagram followers, how hot every guy thinks she is, how many likes she gets. She never once took interested in me.

She also ordered the most expensive food. Look, I understand that guys have to pay on a date and there's no way around that, but couldn't you at least pick something that won't make me broke for the rest of the month considering I'm still a student?

After I paid the bill, she got on her phone and texted someone. 10 minutes later a dude pulled up in his car and picked her up. I can only assume that it was her boyfriend because they kissed.

FML.

• Unlucky! There's a difference between a girl finding a celebrity hot and saying it, to her boasting about which ones probably find her attractive. Damn. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

• @regulat0r let her pay and risk that she bitches to all her friends about what a cheap dude I am, ensuring that I will never get another date in my life? No, thanks, I'll pay lol.

• This is honestly the saddest thing I've ever read. I wish girls like that never existed

What Girls Said 18

• Wtf? What a weirdo lol

I guess I was pretty lucky in my dating days. I don't have any super crazy date stories. Closest would be an almost date that I backed out on. We were chatting on Tinder for a bit and then decided we would meet up for beers the next day. At that point he seemed like a cool guy and someone I'd at least enjoy a beer or two with. Fast forward to the next day and he's asking me what time he should pick me up. I say "no, I'll meet you at such and such pub around 8 if that's cool?" He insist on picking me up so I explain that I don't like a guy to know where I live when I haven't met him yet. I've had that conversation with other guys I met online before and the was never an issue - any reasonable dude would understand. Well this guy flipped his fuckin lid about it and went off on me, taking it super personally and calling me a paranoid man hating bitch, etc etc. So I told him I wouldn't be meeting up with him after all and just stopped replying. He sent some more pissy messages but eventually left it alone when he realized I wasn't gonna get dragged into his bs.

Ladies: if a guy gets angry because you won't allow yourself to be isolated with him on a first date, that's probably a good sign he's exactly the kind of guy you don't want to end up isolated with...

• Worst date was meeting this guy for the first time (he was a mutual friend).
    First off he met me fifteen minutes late.
    He hadn't planned for us to do anything even though he said he would because I was meeting him in his area.
    It was really awkward, full of silences.
    Then we decided that we'd go and watch a movie in the cinema except he had no money so I had to buy his ticket and food.
    During the movie we kissed which was awful. He was honestly the worst kisser it felt like a fish was in my mouth and it was just so sloppy.
    Then when we finally got out he started ringing all of his friends seeing if any of them were throwing a party or wanted to hang out so they could meet me. Awkward because it meant I was just following him around in silence.
    Even worse was he then took me to his nans house so he could get changed, leaving me sat in the living room with his nan and little brother. Neither of them said a word to me.
    Finally, I just told him that I had to get home because my brother was locked out because being with him was honestly just stressing me out.
    After that I blocked his number and never spoke to him again.

• Girl I can relate. I hate when I go on dates and the guy gets all soppy like that. My worst date was with this guy I met some years back. He took me to McDonald's and would only let me order off the dollar menu. He told me there was something up with his checking account. I said it's okay and that we could go somewhere else and I could pay, but he insisted that we stay at MD and let him pay.

Not only that, but once I began to order my food, it turned out that the price all our food was a little bit more of what we (he) could afford, so we (I) had to remove one of my McChickens off the bill. EVEN though I offered to pay.

I don't know why, but I agreed to a second date, and at this date. Well what can I say, he made me feel real good if ya know what I mean ;).

Well, to make a long story short. This man is now my fiance and I am head over heels for him. Funny how things work out.

• Hahaha OMG that's hilarious!

• hahaha this is probably the best one I've read :) it;s funny how things can work out. I have a friend who ended up drunkenly sleeping with her (now husband) the first time she met him. He invited her back to his and they... did the deed... but he failed to tell her he lived with his dad who was a freight train driver! So when they get back to his place, they wake his dad at up at 2.00AM and he had a shift at 4.00AM and he went nuts. He's a scary-looking dude. Luckily everything got resolved in the end! :)

• That sounds awful lol

I went out with this guy once. We were going to meet after work, and I was going to ride with him to dinner. He pulls up... in a monster truck. I mean, I'm 5'7 and his floorboard was at my boobs. Totally illegal. So I'm pulling on the bar under his seat to try to get in and laughing so hard because I can't. He had to pick me up to get it.

Then.. we had talked for weeks about how I hate drugs, all of them, to each their own, but whoever I dated I did not want to do drugs. He agreed, we were on the same page. After the dinner we go back to his house and he lights up a bowl. 😐. Really?

• That truck sounds like a death trap haha. The last part definitely isn't cool if you'd already told him. Hope you've had better dates since :)

• Haha. I didn't date much after that until my husband. So it worked out. Hope yours get better too. I would have been so bad at yours 😂. I don't do people crying well

• Glad to hear :) I've been with the guy I dated at college I mentioned in the question, we got more serious in our last year so it's all good. Yeah I know, it's really awkward when it's someone you've literally just met.

• I was about 17. I was invited round to watch a film. Firstly he made me walk there, when I got there he had started the film (a DVD) and something I hated. I sat awkwardly while he smoked weed and got drunk before I gave up and walked home. It was gone midnight and he didn't even have the grace to walk me to his front door in the house let alone the pavement.

• It wasn't really a date, but my crush and I were watching movies together and he invited one of his friends to join us. I was pretty annoyed by this and I left early. Which I know I probably shouldn't have done, but I was pretty ticked off because I thought it was just going to be the two of us, and I really wanted it to be. After I left my crush stopped watching the movie. He later told me the only reason he even invited his friend was because he wouldn't stop annoying him.

I still feel bad for leaving him like that though.

• I'm really happy about you and your boyfriend by the way! c:

• Worst date was

a guy I met on Tinder bought tickets to see a comedy show. He bought them for the date. Well he shows up 30 minutes late. I really should have left after waiting 10 minutes.
    Excuse was, he had to drop off a friend. He shows up wearing a wife beater and board shorts. Smells of beer.
    We go in and of course it has already started so that's awkward. We get to our seats and he orders a drink. I just order water. Then halfway though the show he has to leave his seat to go get on his phone for almost 20 minutes.
    He's also loud and obnoxious and gets even more so since he's getting more drunk.
    The shows ends and we go to leave and he's shit faced at this point. I walk out well ahead of him. He follows and tries to tell me he's sorry he's not wearing appropriate clothes... that wasn't even the half of it.
    I walk ahead of him to my car and leave.

• Sounds like a great guy jk.
    I saw a guy from afar who was with a college friend, asked the friend about him later then chatted with him on AIM. We agreed to meet at a park. I went with my girl friend just in case, It was getting late and she said i was stood up. I finally see him sitting on a bench looking away dramatically as if hoping I didn't see him, or acting playfully like "try and notice me, I'm here!" (?) Unfortunately I see him and say hi... and we walk and talk then sit at a deli, he offers to buy a drink for me but I said no thank you. I feel terribly awkward bc we looked mismatched and I know he's not into me. So eventually I meet up with my friend again and he and i say bye. He stops talking to me on AIM. Later another friend of mine said she saw him at a party and thought he looked like a girl (long hair tied back). Moral of the story: Friendship rules!

• Haven't had a worse date. To be honest ;/ but damn that seems sucky and congrats on your boo.

• Wow... that was pretty grim... I am very happy for you and your boyfriend. I guess at least Mr Grim showed you how good your boyfriend was...

• A tinder date with a miscer... that should say enough 😂

• I was having dinner with my long-distance girlfriend over Skype, and she didn't eat anything because she was insecure about eating in front of others. So she just sat there an talked while I ate ramen. It was really awkward.

• I was a cheerleader and I just broke it off with my long term boyfriend. My cheer coaches son was supposed to be my friend, he kicked me in my back after an injury that left me on bench. I went out on a date with him so his mom would stop threatening to throw my ex in jail and hate on me. Went to the movies with him when he french kissed me which I let that go. He tried rubbing my croch I moved his hands. He got my tit out that's about as far as it got. His dad picked us up at the movies I went back to his house. He led me to his room where dog shit was all over his bed and he sat on it.. it smelled so bad. Then he told his mom he seen my tit and made out with me. Big mommies boy. Thankfully my ex didn't get charged.

• There were a few things about this date with this guy that were a bit off, but I'd just let them slide chalking it up to maybe I was overreacting in my head to the way he was behaving until the end of the date. We're cruising along and I notice we are in a lane that runs out where you must make a right. I tell him this as a matter of fact, no big deal, that there is no way to proceed forward in the lane we were in because he wasn't turning, but I swear it was like in an instant, he took on this attitude of 'how dare you try to tell me how to drive my own car.'

So the light turns green and he guns it forward, and I'm like hey, um, hey, hey, what are you doing, HEY, LIKE HEY DUDE we're going to... and BOOM, we hit this concrete pillar that was set in place to prevent people from driving forward in that lane. It throws us backward a bit. My body felt messed up from the impact and I could feel the seatbelt that's tightened digging into me. I expect this guy to be like, OMG, I'm so sorry, are you okay.

Nope, this guy jumps out and starts flipping out because apparently this was his grandfathers car. Does he get back in and say, hey, are you okay, sorry I nearly killed you. NO, just starts cursing about the car. I literally tell him, I'm not doing so well over here having been smashed into by a piece of concrete... still, no so sorry, no are you okay, nothing. He manages to get the smashed up car into a nearby parking lot, and I just got out and said, don't worry about it, I'll get my own ride from here. Doesn't try to stop me or apologize. My friend came over ASAP and the first thing she did was take me to emergency care where I had a case of whiplash. Literally the worst first date ever.

• This guy talked about how much he wanted to beat up his dad for half the date. It was weird.

• My worst date was that that I had ony a first date and a second date never occurred and my first date was my firt ever ever date in my life, and it happened just 2 years ago.

• I had been dating a guy for a few weeks, invited him over so we could cook together. After he left it became obvious he had stolen food out of my fridge!!

• lmao.. sorry but that's hilarious.

• @regulat0r Yeaaah my friends love that story 😩

• they were all nice but i didn't feel anything emotional