Is it bad to date my best friend's brother?

I've known him for a while and I've always had a little crush on him but recently him and his girlfriend broke up and I've been going over there to spend time with my best friend but he's always there. when I'm around him all I wanna do is smile but I can't help but think how it could effect are friendship (me and the best friend) she said shed be OK with it but I just don't know...

Most Helpful Girl

• Has he asked you out or shown interest in doing so? You mention a lot about how you feel, but nothing about him.

If he actually is pursuing you I would think twice before encouraging anything. How will you feel if things go south between the two of you but you still want to hang out at your friend's house? What if things don't go well and you have reason to really not like him. Who will you talk to about this? His sister is not going to be a great bet for someone to talk to. On top of it all he would be a rebound guy at best because he just broke up with his girlfriend.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• if she says its ok then go for it. however, my best friend when I was in hs dated my older brother and when they broke up she stopped talkin to me, even though I told her several times it was cool that it was between them and I didn't care. So as long as you and ur friend agree not to let him come between the two of you while dating and even if something happens later where ya'll break up then it ok... just keep ur friend.

• Really talk to ur friend before and ask her what she would do if you and her brother broke up and all that kind of stuff. Make sure she would be 100% ok with it and there would be no issues if you guys broke up or something. If you still aren't sure what to do after you have a good talk with her, then don't do it because if you are unsure about something, it will most likely go wrong.

• If you like him, date him. But if things go sour, be careful how you end it. If your friend is really your friend, she'll understand. Be sure to keep her out of the relationship. Playing go between is a sure way of loosing a friend.

• i wouldn't because it could make things wrose for you

• You've got to take chances in life. If you always just quit things you will end up missing out on a lot.