To Call or NOT to Call

Met a man last night at an event at a bar. Talked for a good amount of time getting to know each other. He gave me his number and said to text him with my number. Then said to call him when I'm free so we could go out. I told my friend and she said DON'T call him. That he should call me no matter what.

I don't want to be the CHASER. I want to be the CHAS-EE. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• For petes sake, you ALREADY agreed to call him last night! If he said you should call him, and you agreed, then he is expecting you to call. If you'd said "no" at the time, that would be different, now you've already agreed that he will wait for your call.

He will never call you now, and if you don't call him, he will think you don't like him, he'll find some other girl and you'll never see him again.

Don't be stupid. Breaking an agreement over some 1950's, out-dated idea that women should never call me is ridiculous, and it will lose you a lot of great guys.

What Guys Said 4

• Men chase women that's the nature of the hunt. What I find odd is that he gave you his number and told you to "text" vice "call". Be careful with this one. You might want to make sure he isn't married as well. Let him call you and get together with him in the daytime, probably on the weekend (no bar meetings this time).

• I hate doing the chasing

• Don't chase the guy. Let him come to you. If he goes cold turkey after about a month, then lose the dude. He obviously is too busy for you.

• I like what anon(fem) said. He did this because he wasn't sure if you were into him. So just simply text him your number now, let him know it was nice talking to him and you'd like to do so again sometime - and then its up to him. By texting him this, he should feel better about knowing whether you will say yes to him asking you out or not.

• you have to let him know your interested somehow. After the initial call or whatever you don't have to worry about it. but again, you gotta let him know your interested or he might give up on pursuing you early on.

• If you felt a connection that night call him, there's nothing to lose. But only call him once. If he's busy and wants you to call him later or anything like that forget about it. Don't fall for that game.

What Girls Said 3

• If he HAS your number, let him call you :-) At least for a bit, seem available but never BE available! ;-)

• he didn't get your number remember? how the hell is he supposed to call you if your the only one with the number? text him your number, text for a bit end the conversation soon after, THEN be the chasee. At least that way he knows that your at least a little interested

• It seems to me you know what you want. You said it yourself: you want to be chased. Text him your number with a light remark about having fun that night and to call you, etc. If he doesn't call, move on and find a guy who wants you enough to call.