Dating Virgin?

I am a 21 year old female who has never had a real boyfriend. I dated two people for about two months a piece, but they were never really boyfriends. I like a guy that I just met and he seems perfect for me...but now I'm scared. I am scared of what being in a relationship means.

I have never seen a functional relationship and I am not sure how to even stay interested in him long enough to get to know him without pushing him away. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to stop being scared of relationships?

What Guys Said 2

• Two months is still a long time and not really boyfriends? hmm... friends with benefits?

Anyway, you can never stop being scared; it's a natural defensive mechanism. You are afraid that you will have your heart broken if you open yourself to him in a relationship. A relationship is work; you won't be happy with him everyday. Hopefully you can be happy with him 90-95% of the time. In some ways, you have to take a leap of faith. You're going to have fights, disagreements, and there are things he does that will irritate you. I suggest that you take things slow. Get to know him and start developing trust and then start revealing things about yourself. This way you won't push him away. Good luck!

• I mainly had the title of boyfriend girlfriend. I didn't really care about either of them in that way. At both times, they were the ones who wanted to date. I spent most of the time trying to figure out if I should be dating them. Anyway, I have home issues that make trusting guys hard. I can be friends with the opposite sex, but dating anyone is very hard for me. I am scared that if I really try with this guy, I'll find some way of denying us both a relationship, and then I'll become a cat lady

• There are many people who have trust issues. You have to identify it and see if you can overcome it. Eventually, you'll have to trust someone. If not you're right, you'll become that cat lady.I suggest you talk to a counselor or a therapist or someone who can help you identify the root of your trust issues.

• I'm 22 and still a virgin, always been single, I hate it more because us guys always have to initiate.

What Girls Said 0