What is my ex boyfriend trying to accomplish?

To make a long and terrible story short, my ex broke up with me 7 months ago via text message and it was horrible. I was absolutely heartbroken but as a result, I have been avoiding him like the plague. I just recently returned to my hometown where he lives after being away at school and unfortunately, we have many mutual friends. I asked the mutual friends to let me know when he was going to be around gatherings just so I could be prepared for it, but that never happens so I'm "surprised" every time he shows up.

The other night, we were all out at the bar drinking and I wasn't talking to my ex. I was having fun, getting drunk and talking to some of the people that I knew that I hadn't seen since I went back to school, some of them guys. After talking with 2 separate guys for a while, after each convo, my ex went up and started talking to each guy. Also, I hit one of our mutual friends on the arm because he made some snarky comment about me and my ex did the same thing to him.

What's his deal? I felt like I was being watched the whole night...and my friends not giving me any sort of heads up has sucked too. I am not interested in being his friend. If he wanted to be friends, he should have manned up and done the breakup in person or over the phone, but not text message. You don't date someone for 6 months and expect that to be OK. But I would like to know what other people interpret from his actions please, I would greatly appreciate it, this isn't the first time he has pulled this kind of nonsense.

Most Helpful Guy

• interesting...stalker much...yeh, I think the best way to get around yur problem is to stay away from townie parties where he could possibly be. he's just trying to keep you from having a good time

• Part of the problem is that it wasn't even a townie party, it was just all of us going out to the bars. And he's usually always down there on the weekend so it ends up being either I don't go out or I do go out and deal with it. It's just awkward and I can't tell what his motives are. I don't want to not go out because he's out.

• Yeh, that sucks a bit. yur just gonna have to tough it out or just find a place where you know he won't be. biggest problem with small towns: everybody knows everybody...never anybody new

• Amen. Everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's business and you can't escape it. Lame lol.

What Guys Said 2

• You're right. The only thing I can think of is to tell him to f off. Don't talk to guys that you talk to, don't watch you, don't expect to be friends, because he's scum.

• Thanks, if he keeps this kind of behavior up, I'm definitely going to confront him about it. Last time I checked, I was the one that got dumped, he shouldn't be monitoring my every move. I would like him to just be a man about SOMETHING in his life. I hate this whole ordeal.

• It's true - the guy is a douche.

Best answer?

• hes obviously into you again or jealous ... can you help me wiht mine

link

• Thank you for the input, I made sure to respond to your question as well. I've asked some of my friends if they think something is going on, but they don't know. I wish I knew what he was thinking.

What Girls Said 0