Why do guys text so much?

Sometimes texting is very fun and flirty..but I appreciate it when a guy takes a few moments to CALL. I like to hear his voice and its so much more personal and fun. It seems like most of the guys I meet now only text, especially the younger ones. What should I do to let a guy know that I would really like a phone call?

PS - I'm not a big phone talker myself, but I'd rather have a conversation for 20 minutes on the phone than a 4 hour long text session..

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him what you want. My last girlfriend made this mistake and I broke up with her because she never responded to my text/emails. I hated the 5 min phone conversations but, that's what she wanted, although I found it hard to contact her sometimes as well if she didn't return my calls back. Remember this as well if you take this route.

What Guys Said 6

• I agree that phone contact is more personal, especially if both people have the time and availability to converse. Texting is good if people are busy during the day or on the go, but otherwise I think phone calls are best.

• I like speaking over the phone, texting doesn't convey the right affliction in my tone in voice by mere letters on a screen, plus my phone is not qwerty. Plus I got a very low deep voice which I find that women like to hear versus text. And regarding your question, just ask him to call you.

• because you never text us first, you girls always expect us to initiate everything

• Not sure, my close friends are always texting. They hardly call. I do neither, don't like to lol. Be happy that he at least texts you. There are tons of dudes like me that don't like the phone at all.

• its cause we prefer texting over callin and calls are more nerve wrackin I guess...can you help me with mine?

link

• I text because I'm retarded and can't manage to think of something to say after hi how are you if I call.

What Girls Said 1

• haha Have you tried telling him, "Hey I know this whole texting thing is popular and all but would you mind calling on the phone, I'm a little old school and like to hear your voice when I talk to you." See what he says, if he denies your request or doesn't call, he isn't worth your time to begin with if you think about it..