Does age really matter?

I get that people learn as they grow but I figure I've had a pretty tough life and I feel more mature than most people my age. I was dating someone 17 years older than me I think it bothered him what people say but it doesn't matter to me. I suppose I just wonder how other people see age gap relationships do you think they can out last the gossips or are they doomed to fail

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the case of the princess syndrome. Since your 17 it probably won't last because your not an adult and the guy is living a fantasy. I have done the same thing being the older guy with the nice car, house, money, ability to travel, do adult things, and have more fun than your typical college or high school individual. Younger girls like this fun relationship or fling.

Age doesn't matter. It's a matter of preference between the two. Robbing the cradle or being the cougar, there's nothing wrong.

• I'm not 17 I'm 21, I have my own house, job and two children, we both do well in the money department but I agree with the comment I had an affair with a married man when I was 16 for the excitement

What Guys Said 2

• Well look at it this way : The strength of the relationship '' Vs '' the pressure from society.

The stronger the relation and the less pressure from society then the relation would last. If the relation is not solid and the pressure is too much then people will get tired and leave.

I live in Sweden , one girl was dating an iraqui guy , her family and friends pressured her so much her life became hell. she left him partly because she couldn't take bieng an outcast like that . Also the relationship was a regular one and not 100% solid one. They basically nipped her and him in the bud.

• men who marry 10 year younger women live longer. so that's my plan. like a

What Girls Said 1

• If you are within the age bracket posted, even though you have had a tough life, I would encourage you to date a bit closer to your age...Not for reasons that you might think...Age isn't near as relevant as the compatibility of the people...What they have in common, morals, etc. however, when someone that much younger dates that much older, the younger takes a chance of missing out on some of the "normal" experiences you may go through during your younger years...Meaning, the older person has already been there and done that and may have no interest in going through it again, or may not have the patience, or may have had a bad experience and hell no! Regardless, important character building events may be missed...Now when you're up in your mid to later 30's or older it's not nearly as important...Why, cause you've been there and done that...Get my point? Best of luck...Cheers!