How do I dump my boyfriend after 2 years of dating?

We have the same friends but I have no more connection with him. NOTHING . How should I say it?

yea like its been like this for along time.. I will do what you say thank you because that is how I feel

Most Helpful Girl

• Well honestly should you really dumb him? Can you fix this broken connection, have you tried? Also is he worth anything to you at all? Do you care for him at all?

How long has it been stale for?

If you can try to fix it then try so, if you KNOW it's not fixable then just tell him straight up. Tell him you need to talk and then tell him right when you see him. No faking or anything, or he'll think there is a chance later on and will hang on. Tell him exactly that you feel Nothing for him, but don't show any mercy...like no hugging him saying your sorry say you have to go and make sure you leave right after you tell him. Don't leave him confused. Then after all of this no contact, block him on anything online and ect, if you truly have no desire for him to cling on. Destroy everything that can make him hang on, that way he can move on. Then maybe later in the future when he's with someone and you too you can chat again, other wise you'll be pulling him around and he'll be hurting over that.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him what you just said that you feel the two of you have no connection anymore and see what he says. If you really want to dump him you have to be easy about it because anyway you do it your going to hurt him but if you come off wrong he will think you don't care for him at all and be hurt even worse.

What Girls Said 2

• If it's only been a month or so you could probably still fix it, but I don't think you have a real reason that makes you want to. Instead your not liking this and you just feel like pushing him away. He lost you in a small sense, by losing your mental attraction. Yet sadly if you told him before hand you could have fixed all of this. Yet it's not either of your guy's fault, for were human, we're slow and stupid. In the future I warn you, if you lose feelings and so on, make sure to speak up before it's too late. For right now even though you don't want him you're still losing a guy that you fell in love with two years ago. That guy that was special to you. So it's going to stuck if this happens again. Don't let it. :P Just a little advice.

• after 2 years of dating you want to dump him? and you just found out that you guys having nothing in common after 2 years? wow, hey I'm kind of biased because my husband had a relationship when he was 17-18 but then his ex dumped him and kicked him out of their house... and he never told me why she did that, but he said she always ignored him, didn't listen to him as if she was just using him, and when she was done with him she said she hated him and sex with him meant nothing to her... so why did she date him in teh first place? I guess to get sexual experience because that's what it seems like they were doing... because all he talked about her was about how much sex they had and how they tried numerous position with tons of food, and they were like animals, and that's that... so just wondering, why would you date someone and then just find out 2 years later you have nothign in common? I could figure that out in 1 night with a guy. I never really dated, I met my husband at age 24 and he's my first real boyfriend and then we 're married, so all the other guys I figured them out in 1 night or so if I had anything in common with them or not... gee... just saying. sorry such a long note.

• Thank you and sometimes I don't have connection with him because he doesn't listen. I don't have sex with him because I am always busy and yes I know that's not an excuse but I'm in a different town not the same as him