Do you have any "deal breakers"?

Are there any characteristics that you find so off putting, no positive qualities a person has to offer could outweigh them enough for you to date them? No job? Overweight? Micro penis? Small breasts? Mental illness? Something else?

I'll give out MHOs to the most detailed and interesting answers. Thank you for participating.

209

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy doesn't like Ed Sheeran, that's a big one for me. I absolutely adore all of his music and I think he's a great guy so I couldn't be with a guy that didn't like Ed Sheeran, he doesn't have to love Ed Sheeran but he should at least appreciate how good his music is. Oh, and if a guy doesn't like to read that's a bit of a problem because I like to read and have other people read the books I like that I think they would enjoy so we can talk about them so if a guy doesn't like reading I'd be pretty upset about that and I don't think we could date for very long. Also I like getting recommendations for books so if a guy doesn't read then he can't tell me about good books I might like. Another thing that would really bother me is if a guy is rude to like waiters or something, I hate people like that, it's just incredibly rude and I don't like it. I don't want to date a racist or bigot either or someone that's too pushy. And if a guy doesn't like dogs then we can't date either. I love dogs so much so the guy I'm with has to like them too. If they like new country music that's a bit of a deal breaker too, it's all generic and I don't like it, I guess if he didn't want me to listen to it then that would be okay but I don't want to hear it, I have bad memories with that music too so it's just bad for me all around.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not like a girl that had no hygiene. I would struggle so much. A weird one would be if she came from a certain area of my country (like 15 miles north or south west of me) and wanted to live there for the rest of her life. I just have this thing where I want to escape from a certain area I live in and only return to see the nice things occasionally. There is a certain type of girl that lives only around where I do that find find difficult to imagine being a spouse to. It is probably because my mum is from another country, I love to travel, and the people around my area are small minded. It would just cramp me.

I would struggle if she was unintelligent, if she was very naive, if she was unemotional, if she hated children, played mind tricks with me, was two faced (that is number 1), no sense of humour (I would not mind at first but it would eventually drive me away). For some reason if she had a tendency to flirt with other guys, that would make me more attracted to her because then she would turn into this "game" where I had to prove myself to her and sort of win her therefore become more infatuated with her. Tattoos are a no-no.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 19

• yeah I guess you could say that I do have some deal breakers but there are honestly so many variables that are involved in a relationship, nothing is black and white. As in, I can't confidently say that if my boyfriend had a micropenis, for example, that I would DEFINITELY call it quits. A boyfriend means much more to me than being somewhere I can get a good dicking. :P

• Being rude or being a snob. You're overweight? Okay. Micro Penis? Sure. No job? You should probably get one, but okay. Small breasts? Sure, whatever. Mental illness? Well, as long as you're not insane and gonna murder me any minute. But being rude, annoying, or being judgmental or being a snob? Nope! (Also, drinking can be a problem depending on how often it is)

All I care about is who you are. If you're snobby and rude and make people feel bad, you can go fuck yourself. Literally, cause no one else will want to if you're like this. Except the fucking cliche cheerleader in movies. Who wants someone who will complain about everyone and hurt others (emotionally or not)?

• Well, besides stuff like morbid obesity or horrible personal hygiene, and of course things like sociopathy, I'd have to say... actually not having a shred of common decency. I don't care that it's not "modern" or whatever to hold doors for people and offer to carry heavy things, or say sirs and maams, and just have basic manners. It's not about being a "gentleman" or wtf ever, it's just common courtesy and I wish a lot more people had it tbh.

• pathological need to believe you can control other people. conventionally called 'being dominant'

i dealt with that from two people who had legal authority over me for 16 years. i'm not accepting that in a peer. boyfriend or otherwise.

• 1. won't date a liar
    2. won't stay with somebody emotionally abusive
    3. will divorce a guy that is sexually perverse

• If a guy wants to date more than one girl at a time it's a deal breaker. Or if they let religion get in the way of the relationship. I once dated a guy who was religious and I'm not. Sometimes he would just randomly get pissed off at me because of our religious differences and that was not okay.

• I honestly would be okay with a former rapist... As long as they changed their ways? As long as they don't massively endanger me I'm good!!

• Being cruel to animals.

• I hate arrogance and cockiness and having a know-it-all attitude going on. I couldn't care what money you have, how good looking you are e. t. c. If you have that attitude then it's a no from me.

• If they're religious, conservative or a child molester.

• Overweight
    Anger issues
    Shorter than me
    Drug user
    Drinks too much

• If he ain't the jealous type then i don't want him.

• You want him to get jealous easily?

• You can care a lot about somebody without being jealous of other people who spend time with them.

In fact, if you are jealous of other people who hang out with your girlfriend, I would argue that you are having some boundary issues. Unless you suspect something less than platonic is going on.

• That is true but somehow it makes me so attracted to a guy if he has that quality.

• Being negative

• No drugs. (Zero tolerance)
    No criminal activity.
    No physical, psychological, or sexual violence.

• Done a serious crime.

• I try to stay away from liars, racists, antisemites, and people who don't like Star Wars

• Terrible at keeping a conversation going

• Submissive behavior and character.

• Bad hygiene. Racism/Sexism and similar bigotry.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, I do. I will not tolerate 1. Mind games. 2. Passive aggressive behavior. 3. Over emotionalism. 4. Hypocrisy. And soooo much more

• Yes, I have plenty of deal breakers.

• Smoking... it's a filthy habit

• Girls that flirt too much girls that are too attached and are picky and get mad at everything screw that lol girls that dont take care of themselves, being loud and obnoxious and rude can be deal breakers fr me

• yeah

• Yes. Non Christian, non traditional values, high numbers, age

• I'm bald, so yeah basically I have no shot with women until we are old enough for it not to matter

• Obese.

Low sex drive.

Cruel.