Would you start dating someone else before you're completely over your ex/a person you have strong feelings for?

Or would you wait till you're completely over it?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• no, i wouldn't

What Girls Said 20

• Nope. Because I would need time for myself if that was to ever happen. That is why I always tell people don't get emotionally attached to somebody your not that serious with and don't have a future with. Because of this issue. If you're an emotional person and like myself, can easily attach emotionally to others, you have to always guard you mind and heart.

• Logically I would wait, I would not like to get involved in another relationship if I still have feelings for my previous partner, it's unfair to the person i am dating, and usually these sort of dates end up badly... I would have to feel completely free in order to date again :D

• I've done it before and it's never a good idea. Even though it can suck being single and lonely after a breakup, it's much better in the long run than using someone else to get over those old feelings

• tbh, if you wait, the new guy will move on...

if you wait and hope your ex will come back, you lose again..

Just focus those strong feeling on the new guy.

• In the past I wouldn't. But now I'm thinking fuck it why not. I've wasted so much time waiting. For nothing. They say it helps to get over someone by getting under someone!

Guys do it all the time. It's my / our turn.

Sitting around being miserable upset sad bored lonely what's the point. It does not help. It does not fix anything.

Go out and enjoy life. Even if you have to fake it.

• Not anymore :/ I need a break from relationships.

• I started dating my current boyfriend even though I still have feelings for my ex.

• With me, I usually move onto the next person because it's to hard to get over that person.

• I'd date them. The best way to get over someone is to fall for someone else.

• Yeah, it's called a rebound.

• They say the best way to get over someone is to find someone new.

• yes i would

• Nope, that's not fair to the other person.

• Personally I usually start dating casually. I don't actively seek out dates but also don't say no when the chance arrives and I keep my options open. I think as long as the guy I'm dating knows & understands then it's ok

• Never try to forget someone by falling in love with someone else, that never ends up well.

• wait!

• Wait till you're completely over it, you don't need more drama in your life where you are now =p

• hell yea

• My mind says it is better to wait, but from experience... I didn't wait.
    I had a huge crush on a guy for over a year, and we had been hanging out a couple of times. However, after more than a year, he didn't show me any strong signs of liking me (at least, that's what I thought) so I thought he liked me as a friend. I had to move on, and that didn't take me a lot of time, as we didn't have any "intimate moments".

But when I come out of a relationship, I will definitely wait when the heartbreak is over. I think it's not fair to the new guy when you're not fully there emotionally.

• Dating new people can be a positive part of how you get over someone, so I might not wait. May depend on the significance of the relationship.