What do guys/girls think girls with large calves should wear?

I was wondering, what guys would prefer girls to wear (skirts, shorts or jeans), if they have larger calves?

In my situation, I would love to wear skirts and shorts, but because I have large calves, I am afraid of showing them when I wear something short. I am not fat, but its just that my calves are large and its in the genes,

Still, should I try wearing skirts and shorts? I am afraid that I may look like crap and people will start talking behind me. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear whatever you want.

I personally think that large calves are attractive. Ballet dancers, soccer players, runners and others tend to have relatively large calves. It's actually something that I've found lots of others to like as well.

What I've noticed is that large calves look sexy in a pair of jeans that fit tighter in that area. Also, I've noticed that they look good in shorts or skirts also(summer dresses are my favorite) . Moreso when her ankles are not the same size as her calves(aka cankles). As long as you can see a distinction between your calves and ankles, then feel free to cover up or show off, whatever makes you comfortable. Just know that there are guys out there that are attracted to women with shapely calves. ( I just spent a good 20 mins trying to find a picture of a woman with large calves to make my point, this was the best I could do. Her legs look fantastic and she appears to be an average sized woman, not a bodybuilder or anything but her legs are huge. Still, very sexy shape and size.): link

In response to the other answer (user: drstms) about physical attraction and making a lifelong investment before getting to see a woman's full body: We are just talking about showing off her legs here. There has to be physical attraction at first and that is just one thing that women can leverage when attracting a man. Physical attraction and 'getting physical' are two completely different things. If you were at a social gathering and everyone girl looked exactly the same, there wouldn't be much incentive to talk to one girl over the other. The way someone dresses and carries themself with confidence can be the one thing that clicks with another person and makes them want to pursue that person into a deeper relationship. Start with first things first. Physical attraction happens first. Then you can talk to someone, get to know them, and see if they are someone you are interested in. Pretending like looks don't matter is idealist at best. Unfortunately we are not that simple. You even admitted to it being part of (about)20% of a relationship. For every paycheck you get, give away 20% and see how you feel when it's gone.

When size and shape are relative it looks good. Find what flatters your body (should you wear flats, heels? Long socks, stockings, etc. But if you still are self conceious and want to make your legs look smaller, then go with a dress that flares out a bit, then your legs will look smaller, same with shorts and skirts. If they are super tight, then they will just draw attention to the larger part of your lower body.

What Guys Said 1

• As I have said elsewhere, I like for women to wear clothes that leave a lot up to the imagination. Then, if I want to invest in you, I will earn the reward of seeing what your calves look like. I believe I should have to invest in a lifelong commitment before I get to see, or even get the cues to accurately imagine, what the full body of my wife looks like. The less investment, the less respect.

Besides, since the physical aspects of a relationship make up less than 20% of a healthy, long lasting, relationship, I prefer to get to know more about the mind, heart and spirit of a person.

If I focus on the physical, then the woman I am interested can expect me to trade her in on a newer model when I get tired of her, or see something more attractive. Women who choose to attract men this way should expect their men to leave them someday, for the same reason they came. Both parties lose in the end, since the relationship is not based on a healthy foundation, but a lustful one.

What Girls Said 6

• If you want to wear shorts/skirts, maybe wear leggins with them. Black would be the best color because black slims everything down. If not brown. Basically go with dark colors. And no hose because they are so thin that it will make them look even bigger.

• DO NOT wear bermuda shorts (those long shorts) because they make big calves look even bigger. if you wear heels, it will make you calves look wayyyy better, and a pencil skirt will flatter your legs and long as they are paired with heels. if you go for shorts, avoid flats, they make legs look stocky. (pointy flats are sometimes okay)

• I'd suggest wearing capris or you can wear a skirt with high heels or boots . anything that'll detail your choice of skirt. I guess you can also go with a longer summer dress - just blow the knees. Other than that, I think you could probably wear anything you want, its mostly about the confidence. I am sure you'll look great in anything you wear (big calves or not), just be confident. You can also try wearing skinnies - but make sure you get your perfect size and add up some nice pair of heels/pumps.

I don't know if everything I said helped but give it a shot.

• yeah I have the same problem!

like I'm not fat but its in the genes soo you really can't change it!

if you wear skirts then you could wear like heels and it will make it look better.

try it maybe it will work(:

• Learn to accept your body, with the intent to also stay committed to something that might work. Such as yoga poses, changing what shoes you wear, and leg raises. You may feel better if you could slim down your thighs. I know you may be think, they all ready look slim now, but with a lot of brisk walking, you can get yours thighs to look great! Then, deterring the negativity you have focused on your calves. Whatever you do, don't beat up yourself by believing what you are afraid of. Really, learn to appreciate your strong legs, and also just gain some insight as to what things you could do to keep them slim. It's quite a challenge, I know because my calves are big too.

• there disgusting