Was I wrong for saying this?

My crush always texts me. He NEVER calls! So, the other night before he dropped me off home I told him, "Don't be afraid to call me." Was I wrong for saying this? Is it rude?

Men are very proud. And I kinda feel as if I kicked his Ego by saying this.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not rude at all! I once got angry when a guy I was flirting with said, "It's okay, you don't have to be nervous" because I felt babied, but in reality he was just trying to be nice. I think it's good for us to be a little bold sometimes. At the end of the year he walked towards me when I was alone but we were both nervous/awkward and he was avoiding eye contact. and then I was like "what the heck!" and said: "[Name]! Let me sign your yearbook" which worked WONDERS. I could tell he was glad I didn't leave everything up to him. He looked into my eyes and we were smiling *becomes giddy at the thought*

I think what you said was a really good thing! It looks like you overthought it :) we all do.

What Guys Said 4

• A+ grade to that. That was perfect specially if you said it in a playful manner.

• You did the right thing! Sometimes guys don't know if a girl would think a call was weird. By telling him he probably feels a lot better about what you have, and I guarantee he will call you soon!

• Honesty is key in a relationship, so whether or not he was offended (highly unlikely that he was), you did the right thing.

• dude needs to step up, voices represent so much more emotion than text.

What Girls Said 3

• Nothing wrong with it. You are being honest with him and he should respect you for saying it. Texting is great for your short message like miss you and good night. Phone calls and hanging out are the tools to build a better relationship. I know for my next relationship, I prefer guy to call and text me too.

• It's not rude at all. Dontcha worry. I once had to tell a guy to not be afraid to talk to me in "real life", because he would always IM me but then was too shy to talk to me off-line. Maybe it's a similar situation with him.

• I don't think so. They maybe proud but everyone needs a little reassurance. At least now he'll start calling.