Should you tell a guy (a prospective) you've never had a boyfriend before? I'm 21!

as stated I'm 21 & never had a boyfriend, hardly get asked out. if I do happen to get asked out would it be wise to tell the potential that I've never dated?

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed, it's nothing you should be ashamed of, but there are a lot of growing pains that you go through when you date/are in a relationship. If you've never had a boyfriend before, he could assume that you might cling to him, which I suppose is natural for a first relationship, but not something he might be OK with.

I would do your best to keep things light for a while, show him you're mature in other areas and that you're the girl for him. If he asks, answer, but when you do don't be apologetic, that might give him a better impression of what you might be like.

What Guys Said 1

• If he asks you about it yes, be honest. But it's not something you'd start a conversation with.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes tell them the truth, I was 19 before I had my first boyfriend and I told him the truth. Don't worry about what your future boyfriend will think, just be honest with them. The golden rule is" do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Do you want him to be honest with you?