What are your thoughts on reality dating shows?

What do you think? are they real? or set up? Can we actually fall in love like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of those shows you could tell there were people writing dialog for the people dating especially those MTV dating shows like date my parent or whatever it was called and definitely parental control. I think elemidate had writers too but at least they were pretty funny and less obvious

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes it's hard to tell. They do spend almost 24/7 with each other & we get to see only a fraction of that. There also living in a fantasy land not the real world.

Look at all the "office romances" that start up & that's only spending 8 hrs a day 5 days a week with someone.

So yes it's possiable.

I always wondered what happens to them when they do return to the real world.

• I don't waste my time.

• I think a lot of those shows have written script to make them feel like your watching a soap opera.

• it's all pre-arranged and set up...

What Girls Said 1

• I think that reality shows about dating are just for entertainment. A lot of them are CLEARLY fake and scripted and some of them are questionable but if you think about it, it's really difficult to open up to someone and fall in love when there's about 30 crew people staring at you/ filming you 24/7. Overall I still enjoy reality t.v.