How can I get him to hang out with me and not feel weird?

So there's a guy I started liking about 3 months ago. He's really good friends with one of my best friend's boyfriend. I have only hung out with him in groups and only about 5 or 6 times now. He lives in the burbs and I live in the city so he's not around much/not much of a chance to hang out with him, and esp. not one on one. First time I met him I didn't notice him at all; I was at a party and he was nice, but I was on the prowl for guys. Next time my friend, her boyfriend and her boyfriend's friends (including him) and I hung out, and again I didn't really notice him. We partied, got drunk had a lot of fun. A few days later he texted me that I should call him "next time you're bored." He didn't randomly text me though, he had left some stuff in my car that he needed to get back so we were texting about that back and forth. STill, I didn't really think twice about him. Eventually I started to think about it and kinda decided I liked him, and therefore the next time I saw him (another little get-together with our friends, drinking and such) I acted ridiculous (whispering to everyone but him about him, etc.) and I"m pretty sure he found out that night that I like him. I feel so ridiculous because I think he could be an awesome friend to hang with, but it's like now he knows I like him, so he feels weird around me. I thought I blew it that night but ended up going to a party where he was another time and everything was fine, I kinda just avoided him so it wouldn't look like I like him. Couple weeks later he called me to see if I could hang out, but he was at a bar and I'm not 21 yet (he wasn't sure if I had a fake or not). He invites me to hang out with him in groups and stuff, but I'd really like to hang with him along, and also be invited out with him more. I know it's hard because he's in suburbs AND because I'm not 21, and he likes the bars. Basically I want to know how I can get him to not feel weird about hanging out with me (because , as far as he knows, I like him) . Plllleeeassse help!

*I WANT TO REDEEM MYSELF BECAUSE HE APPARENTLY THOUGHT I WAS GREAT AND COOL TO HANG WITH BEFORE I STARTED LIKING HIM AND ACTING WEIRD AROUND HIM. HOW DO I STOP MYSELF FROM ACTING LIKE THIS/REDEEM MYSELF NEXT TIME I SEE HIM? IF THERE IS A NEXT TIME :-/*

What Guys Said 1

• Well start off with a "hi or hello" and get into a conversation. A conversation would be a nice start off. Then ask him maybe at the end of the conversation before it ends wanna hang out sometime. Trust me it shouldn't feel weird and he probably wouldn't mind. Neither should you.

What Girls Said 0