Do women ever ask men out?

I'm a male, 29 years old, and I've never been asked out. Is this normal? Do women ever ask guys out, or do they wait for the guy to make the first move? On average, how many times have you asked a guy out compared to the number of times the guy has asked you?

Okay, thanks for the replies, how about a follow up question? If you have ever done any online dating, who made the first move to contact the other person? You or the guy? Whether asking for a phone number, asking follow up questions, email, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a masculine quality, not a feminine one. I have actually taken, what I consider now, bad advice and asked a guy out. I did it a few times. It was a mistake. If a guy is not asking you out, when you are clearly showing yourself open to going out with him, well there is a reason for it, and women should respect that.

What Girls Said 7

• First move needs to come from the guy. I have tried being the one to initiate and it is just a bad idea. If a guy has looked at your profile and passed on you, well, he isn't going to change his mind just because you say hello. I no longer would date online because you just cannot tell anything from a picture and a few paragraphs and I do see how important that initial physical attraction is to getting anyone interested in taking the next step.

• I've asked pretty much every guy I dated out. I'm not a damsel in distress waiting to be saved by a knight. If I want something, I don't sit around waiting for it, I make it happen.

• Each female is different, some do ask guys out. I wouldn't I would hint like crazy I like him and than leave it up to him.

• I asked a guy out once. In the end, I got hurt. It sucked. I haven't asked a guy out since.

Actually, he asked me out first about a month before but we took a raincheck. We never really rescheduled. So, a month after I asked him out. He said he was already talking to some other girl. Grr!

• Never did the online dating thing, but don't be afraid to ask someone out, worse thing that happens is she says no, but you will never know until you ask

• I have only asked one guy out on a date, every other time the guy has asked me out.

• You'd have to put a gun to my head in order for me to ask a guy out

What Guys Said 2

• em When I did online dating it was usually the girl who said we should meet in real time. and I've been asked out nearly as much in real time by women as I've asked THEM out. Happens occasionallly even thought they know I'm married!

• very extremely rarely does it happen, a woman asking a man out or taking the initiative is liking winning the lottery, that's how rare it is.