How long is it acceptable to wait between dates?

So there is this girl that I have been on a couple of dates with. Due to a variety of factors we haven't been on a date in about 10 days. I see her at school though, and we are friendly. Is the fact that we haven't gone out in ten days bad? Is that too long? I'm probably going to ask her on a date when I see her tomorrow, but I just want to know what people think about this in general. Also, it's not like she has taken any initiative in this time either. In fact, I'm always the one who has to initiate all contact with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm...10 days is too long and the fact that your the one who is initiating everything says that she is not willing to put in as much effort as you are, which is a sign that She is just not that into you. However, she could be just very busy but that's not even a good excuse for 10 days because if a person is really into you no matter how busy they are, they will make time if they really want to. So go with your gut instinct, what you feel the most about this situation. Go ahead tomorrow and ask her out and see what she says because you've been very patient so far. if she comes up with some excuse to why she cant, then you leave it alone. Say ok and move on. Let her come to you for now on. You don't want to seem desperate or clingy if you keep askin her out now and she just turns you down. Do it once tomorrow, its her chance and if she passes, her lost. Don't call, text or nothin. If she calls or text, wait a day or hours to respond because she needs to know that you can move on with no problem and its a taste of her own medicine.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• There's nothing wrong with you only initiating contact in the beginning, if she is interested she will begin initiating conversations and dates but for now, no need to worry. And what's the big deal about not seeing her on a date for 10 days, it's not like your in a serious relationship, for that matter even in one. Take your time, need to rush anything. Good Luck

• If you like her when ever if you don't like you don't have to ask her out...

• I think its ok, if your both in school you could be busy, and some girls won't ever initiate contact they just wait. I'd say just ask her out and if she says yes, great, if no then leave her alone and move on or let her come to you, and if she doesn't then yea I'd say she doesn't really care as much as you.