Exercise question?

How do I get big muscles like the guys drool over on TV?

I meant girls.

here comes the gay jokes

Most Helpful Guy

• Unlike what the other said go for higher reps NOT higher weight. those massive body builders hardly pick up a weight over 50 pounds.

go with a progressive resistance, and isometric routine, for reps rather than weight. progressive resistance is like giant rubber bands they can build muscles like crazy but they will plateau your growth, so you can counter that plateau with isometric lifting, which is just holding a high amount of weight in a flexed position this builds up muscles where the progressive resistance plateaus.

You'll also want to start taking massive amounts of protein, creatine, and NO2 you can find them all at gnc. Eat a load you'll have to double your calorie intake to fuel your workouts, and add on that new muscle. just do workouts like this for an hour, or more a day for like 2 years and you should get a body like that. If you want it the easy way just take steroids.

• Steroids pollutes your body and causes long terms affects that could hurt my body later. But other than that thanks.

• Just so you know creatine is a lot of water weight and you need to use it wisely.you might end up drinking a couple gallons of water per day but a lot of it goes to your muscles and you won't get kidney problems.

What Girls Said 5

• Develop a weight lifting routine. A full body routine is better than just focusing on one muscle group that you want to build up because it'll make you look more proportionate (rather than just building your upper body and ignoring your lower body). Give your muscles time to rest in between workouts because your muscles need time to repair (muscles grow during rest, not during training). Either weight lift every other day, or alternate between the muscle groups you're working (i.e. upper body one day, lower body the next). Choose weights that will allow you to do approximately 8-12 repititions, which your body reaching fatigue in the last few. Do three sets, with a short rest period in between (i.e. 30-90 seconds). When it starts to get easy or you find you aren't reaching fatigue, increase the amount of weight you are lifting. Make sure to practice good form to avoid injury and increase the effectiveness of the exercise. Change up your routine every 4 to 6 weeks, as your body will become accustomed to what you are doing and you'll need to shake things up a bit.

Watch your diet. Incorporate both complex carbs for energy and lean protein (since your body needs protein to build and maintain muscle and to help burn fat). Aim for about 1g of protein per pound of body weight per day (i.e. if you weigh 180 lbs, aim for 180 g of protein a day).

Cardio is important too. Yes, you can build muscle without it, but if you want people to be able to see your muscle definition, you need to lower your body fat percentage. You could have very strong abdominal muscles, but no one will be able to tell you have a 6-pack if its hidden under a beer gut. :D

But for the record, a lot of girls don't like big muscles. Some do, but a lot of us prefer a guy who has some definition, but doesn't go overboard with it.

• lift weights

• roids? lol..jokes, probably hard work, protein and determination. good luck!

• Hahaha, that was a funny typo..

To be frank, big muscles are sometimes a turn off.

How big are we talking about here..

• Lift weights.

What Guys Said 4

• Time and routine. I disagree with gnargnar about reps... I was a fat blob in 9th grade, I started weight training that year, and took it every semester, which gave me 1 workout a day, 5 days a week. by the end of 11th grade [ 2 years], I had 18" arms and lats and quads that were like footballs.

I started with a weight I could barely do 10 reps with, and when I could do 20, I would increase by 5 or 10#. every other day was upper body, and every other day was lower and/or cardio. by the end of school, I didn't bench much, because of rotator cuff problems, but I was curling 250, and leg pressing 700, and those were working weights, not maxes!

• Basically lift heavy weights (weight that you can lift for no more than 6 to 8 reps) on a very slow pace and eat, eat, and eat lots of carbs. Rest and sleep a lot.. Do not do too much physical work since that's going to make you loose body weight.

Your exercise routine:

8 reps max. 1 min. rest between sets.

drink a high carb/low protein shake no more than an hour after your workouts.

Take creatine, vitamin C, Vitamin D, calcium, and dink lots of water.

After you reach you weight goal, then get into a fat lose program to drain you body of excees fat and get a lean body

• Low repition and high weights will help expand the muscles. Sets of three and do all the muscle groups to keep the blood flowing.

• how big you are talkin about?...