Will we ever take it to the next level? Should we?

I met this guys through a mutual friend, but I've only actually met him briefly once. We basically talk all day everyday, though, through texts or online.

The thing is, I'd like to take it a step further. I kind of feel like I've been the one taking most of the steps (ie. getting his number). I'd really love for him to ask me out, though, and I've certainly hinted at it (but maybe not that obviously).

Any tips? I'm not 100 % sure that he likes me in a romantic way (though all the talking kind of makes me think that he does), but even if we could just hang out as friends, I'd be happy. He seems like such a great guy.

Also, I'm moving to another city (kind of far away) in a few months. He's mentioned that a few times. Is he perhaps scared of getting hurt if we start something now?

Thanks for reading!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same situation with my crush! It seems like he's pretty shy. Do you always initiate the conversations or will he text you first? If he is getting in contact with you he might be interested. Back off a little bit. Don't respond to every text or initiate it every day. Do hang out with friends to get comfortable with eachother, but alone too. If this is still happening after a few months and you do not feel confident he is interested be direct and approach him. Tell him that you really care about him and want to take your relationship to the next level, but are unsure if he feels the same way. If he admits he doesn't have feelings for you and you want to stay friends, keep it that way. Otherwise find a new guy

• Thanks for your response! He does initiate contact, though. And often.

But thanks! I'll definitely consider it!

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he is scared of developing feelings, but why not take the aggressive stance and ask him out?

What Girls Said 1

• i agree with him .. I think you should take the first step . :)