What does it mean of there is no kiss after the first date?

If there is no first date kiss does that mean a guy is not into you? I met a guy to watch a game and have a few drinks with. After the game we stayed at the bar for a few hours just talking. He suggested we both leave (around 10pm) when we finished our drinks. He offered to pay for mine (and he did). Then he asked if I wanted him to walk me home. I told him he didn't have to and he responded : it's a nice night. I'm happy to.

We continue to talk and as we get to me building he says he wants to see me again and I said I did too. So he strokes my bare arm and says: have a nice night. I'll talk to you later. There was no end of the night kiss.

I texted him to say I had a good time and he replied the same. About 2 hours after I got home he texted me when he was home asking how the rest of my night was. There was some small talk and that was it.

Is he into me if he didn't kiss me after hanging out for so long? Did he text me hours later because he was bored or because he wants to gauge interest? I do want to see him again but don't want to be too forward. Should I wait for him to make plans? Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never expected a kiss on a first date, even with serious sparks igniting between us. I am, by no means, a prude - it just always seemed too much intimacy with too little info. I like to get to know a person better before rubbing any body parts together - even the lips. A kiss on the cheek, air kisses, even a nice warm hug was acceptable to me - but anything more hot than that and I get turned off the guy.

For some people, kissing is a big deal - only to be done when there is a definite attraction that is not only reciprocated but almost guaranteed to continue.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I don't think it was because he wasn't interested. More likely he was taking it slow.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• not everybody kisses on the first date. I wouldn't. Seems moving too fast for my comfort.

• A lot of people don't go for a kiss on the first date. I don't for the most part. Mostly I just go for a hug. That is 'rushing' for many people.

What Girls Said 1

• I WOULDN'T put to much thought into this and CREATE a problem in your mind where there isn' t one. He didn't kiss you , but by no means does that mean he's not INTERESTED. We're use to people RUSHING things , but there are still those that take their time . . . And do things right. If your still in CONTACT with this man don't be the "thing" that stands in your own way. If he would have been jumping your bones that would have been cause for alarm. He however didn't so sit back and ENJOY the ride.