Dating so soon after a break up, why?

My ex started dating a new girl only a few days after I broke up with him. About two weeks prior to me ending it for good he broke up with me and then the next day said he couldn't´t live without me and we got back together tentatively.(yes I know bad choice in the first place) So after a week we talked it over and decided that we both were happy to stay together.then fours days later he told me there was another girl; so I broke up with him; and he was dating her a couple days later.

He was so broken up about losing me the first time but was dating another girl only a few days after I broke up with him, why?

We only dated for 2 months, which is enough time to become attached in my opinion. So my next question is did I ever matter to him? Is he using this new girl to hide the hurt or is he just over it?

Most Helpful Guy

• that's very simple. he already familiar to be with girl.hanging out with girl. go out with girl. having dinner or lunch together with girl. but now he lost you. so how's he feels? Of course feeling lonely. he want to fill up the "HOLE" immediately after the break up. He scare to be alone. so he will take up any girls no matter he love or not.

But after past some times, he will realized what he's doing now is wrong. Perhaps he may contact you back.

What is the situation now?

• There is no situation...I am over it and want nothing to do with him. I was just wondering why he would be so quick to like another girl even before we had broken up for good and then was dating her as if I didn't matter.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like the guy does not know what he wants. Most guys take longer to mature mentally than girls. It's unfortunate how most people don't know what they want until it's taken away from them. Hopefully, he will realize it one day.

• Some people cope with breaking up by going out again. I don't date right after, but I know people who need to in order to get over someone.

What Girls Said 2

• its simple. because he doesn't kno what he wants. you recognized your mistake(taking him back) now you know not to make that mistakes again. guys like that usually feel they are too young to be committed in the first place. I hope you find someone good for you & hope I helped.

• he doesn't know what he wants and is used to being in a relationship. he will probably use her as help to get over you and so he won't be lonely.