Do Men Really Want The Damsel In Distress?

I'm a pretty balanced and self-sufficient chick. I don't go through intense emotional battles, unless a situation deems appropriate (death in the family, etc.). If I'm upset, I shut myself away for a few hours and figure out my thoughts, possible solutions to cure my problem(s), etc. I've never been accused of being cold or emotionless--quite the opposite, 'cause I love to laugh! Also I hate drama and pointless complaining that gets you nowhere. But crying out for help is not my first reaction because I don't see it as fair to burden someone else with your problems when they probably have enough of their own.

Now, when it comes to relationships, I'm struggling. Never been in one, in fact, so I'm wondering this--am I not seen as girlfriend material because I rely more on myself with my problems, and would rather let my encounters with the opposite sex go smoothly? Would a guy rather have someone he can fix to save his damsel-in-distress?

I'm having a hard time understanding what I should do or what I need to change. Thankyou in advance for your advice! :o)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you want a guy who wants to FIX YOU? You are on the right track when you insist on solving your OWN problems.. That shows you are a strong, independent, person with very high self esteem. If a guy wants to be your Knight In Shining Armor -- that's a hangup HE has.. He needs to feel superior.. Don't give a guy that kind of power. If you have a problem and you want to share it - so that you can BOTH reacha solution based on give/take - that's different. Do not ever think it's ok for some guy to take responsibility for you.. And do NOT - and I repeat.. DO NOT change yourself to make some guy happy. YOU will be happiest with a guy who respects you and knows you can solve your OWN problems. When a girl has so many issues that she expects a guy to solve for her - she becomes a burden. And he wants to get away. Don't be that girl. Guys who have to save you are insecure. Period. Good luck.. YOU will do FINE -- You were raised right and taught that YOU are valuable - intelligent - beautiful - and

CAPABLE.! That is the mark of a winner that ANY HEALTHY guy would want to be around. Would you want to have to fix some GUY? Hmmm. See what I mean?