Why won't he kiss me properly?

We have been out on about 5 'dates', and he always gives me hugs at the end of the evening. I was the one who started all the hugging, and I asked him for his number. He is the first guy I have properly dated, and last week, he went for a kiss. Being inexperienced, I panicked and just gave him a quick peck. Since then he hasn't tried for a proper kiss, just keeps giving me pecks, but I feel like I can't do anything about it, because I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't understand why he isn't going for anything more, since he is four years older, and definitely not shy. Please be as honest as possible.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He might be too nervous. Have you tried being upfront with him about it?

• Maybe He feels as though you aren't ready, and guys usually sense when a girl is ready or not and your body language might be saying something different too. Does he know that you are not experienced and stuff, if he does not you should let him know and sometimes you just have to go for it too!