Dating more than one person at a time?

I've recently gone out on a first date with a totally rad girl, and because of it I'm not interested at all in meeting other women. We definitely want to see each other again, but of course things could change at any point since it's just a been a first date. I already know that I want her to be my girlfriend, so I'm just kinda playing it cool now I guess.

My questions are:

Do many of you date more than one person at a time? Ever feel like you're mentally/emotionally cheating on any of them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally yes I feel like I'm cheating on them if I see more than one person. In my mind if I want to put the effort into trying to start a relationship on any level above platonic it will be a one on one thing. If I go on a date and decide they aren't the one for me I'll be quick to let them know. No sense in dating to see what else is out there. It feels as though people are settling until they find something better when they date more than one person at a time. If a man says he's dating other women I tell him I won't be one of them. We have enough time in our lives to find that special someone. Why try to cut corners and date multiple people at one time?

What Girls Said 1

• I have in fact dated more than one guy at a time but, now I'm dating this one guy who I feel as though I don't want to date anyone else but him.at this point if I were to go out on a date with someone else I would feel like I was cheating on him because we have already been through alot.Right now at the first date your kind of just testing the waters so I would not designate myself in one place to fast.leave your options open.it seems to me that you really like this girl, don't jump too far ahead of yourself because sometimes that could ruin it.Sometimes girls don't like that a man shows too much interest.we like a little mystery or we could loose interest.

What Guys Said 2

• You gotta take things slow with her, don't say anything that would ruin this like hey I know its been one date but want to be my girlfriend? She will run, so don't do that. What I do is if I like a girl yeah I will want to hang out with and only go on dates with her, but say she flakes on you, then I just out with another girl. If you act needy and always want to hang out with them they lose interest. When I date multiple women I don't feel bad about it, because say the one you really like ends up not liking you and that's going to piss you off. But by dating more than one girl at a time you have a selection. It's not cheating unless your committed to one of them.

• You know man. I am totally with you on that. And there's always that chance that it could flake, but I'd still have this uneasy feeling that I'm not being true to her. Even if it's not technically cheating since you aren't committed, I still have this obligation. It's weird...

• I agree as long as you aren't committed and you don't lead them on in any way then you can date whomever. And many younger girls definitely flake out and lose interest if you actually open up to them and try to be that nice good guy they really want to marry. Keep yourself busy with your own life and be patient.

• You know, I'm in the same situation as you. If I liked the girl I was dating, I wouldn't date others. I would have no incentive.