Does age really matter?

How old were you when you first started dating? Is it really true that younger couples tend to act rather immaturely?

Most Helpful Guy

• This real depends on your personal definition of dating. I think age plays a big part into this. There is a big difference when it comes to dating somebody when you are older and when you are going out with somebody when you are in high school. Dating I believe takes on a new meaning. You are no longer just looking for the cute somebody that has a crappy personality and is popular, but instead you are looking for somebody to spend the rest of your life with.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I was 14 when I got my first ''real boyfriend'' and he was 16. I'm 23 now so it doesn't bother much to admit I was HIGHLY IMMATURE. This isn't case for everyone , but there aren't to many exceptions . You don't know at 14 what you would know say at 20. There are people that never get it so one can assume it depends on the individual at hand. I have had some immature episodes in the past few years , but I'm still learning . You can't hate on that.

• I had my first boyfriend when I was 13 almost 14 and in eighth grade. (I had never been on a date before that)

• I started dating when I was about 14 but as is the case for females we often go for older teens at first until the boys our age start acting older.

• i started dating when I was 13. soooooo I guess I don't think it matters just when you find the right person