Whats the worst that'd happen if I kissed him?

Hes 12 years older than me but we flirt a lot and I want to make the first move and kiss him, but what if he doesn't like me like that? What if he only thinks of me as a friend or something, cause he's like a family friend, and I also don't want him to tell anyone in my family if I did, but all my friends think I should do it, even my best friend, who says since when have we ever played it safe, which is so true, but I really like this guy, and I don't want to mess things up. But I want to kiss him too. What should I do? Please help!

What Guys Said 1

• From a guys point of view I think you should get yourself in a position for him to make the move. You don't want to just kiss him because that will ruin anything the two of you currently have and things will get weird between you if he doesn't like you like that. If this guy is a family friend try to understand what it would be like in his shoes. It is going to be awkward anyway that you look at it. I personally wouldn't date a women 12 years younger that I was good friends her family. But in the end this is your decision, weigh the pros and cons and decide. Good Luck with what ever the out come.

• Well I was just thinking I'd casually give him as kiss on his cheeck when I was leaving a party one of these days....cause he always goes to my uncles parties.....would that still make things akward???

• It might be, you have to realize that he is friends with the family which means he probably has a friendship with your parents, aunts, uncles. You have to realize that it is going to be weird for them as well. I know you like this guy but it might be best to just move on. In you orginal post you mentioned that you didn't want your family to find out. That should be your answer right there. If you don't want them to find out, you probably should hold your feelings for him back and move on.

What Girls Said 1

• As long as you haven't lied about your age on here and are over the age of 18 you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot. Just remember there's a time and place for everything so use your best judgment.