Can you really base a relationship off of kisses?

I have been dating my current girlfriend for a few weeks now and we hang out ever other day or so. (We go out when we manage to get enough money to pay things)

When we hand out we're happy, but where there aren't any other people with us we don't do much talking and usually end up finding someplace to go kiss for hours on end. We both like each other very much, but we haven't done much talking about interests, dislikes and the such. I really like this girl and would like to stay in a relationship with her, but I'd like for us to do more talking. Any thoughts about anything? (I don't know if age changes anything, but we are both 18 years old)

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I used to hang out anytime possible. We tried talking, but we just ended up doing a lot of cuddling and kissing. We've been together for 1year and 6 months..

He just left my house about a half an hour ago; I don't feel anything from kissing him anymore. We are both confused and don't know what to do. So I would say you should not base your relationship on kissing. Get to know her, let her know you. Try and find things to do you have in common. And you don't always have to go out; people think all girls just want to spend money.

I'm content with just watching movies at home, going for walks, or having a picnic or something like that.

What Girls Said 2

• Unless you want a purely physical short term relatonship, you're going to have to make some changes. If you really like her, you should take the time to get to know her and vice versa. The physical stuff is good, but it's not everything.

• you want more of an emotional connection instead of just a sexual one. that's a good thing because relationships aren't just about just kissing, its about connecting to. and in order to truly do that then you'd need to talk. maybe not kiss every time you see each other, just go for a walk, listen to some great music...think of stuff you would do with a friend and then do that with your girlfriend. good luck

What Guys Said 1

• Try taking her to places that aren't expensive but are public. For example, go to a coffee shop. It's not that expensive to get a couple coffees and you can sit and talk for a while in public.