How quick is too quick? What is considered a rebound?

i "dated" a guy for about a month.. I put that in quotes because we weren't even official... yes, we were seeing each other, and I was starting to really like him but he broke it off before my feelings could really get serious. I was upset for a few days, but honestly, I bounced out of that really quick.

it's been almost a month now and I've noticed I've started having strong feelings for someone new... feelings I think are stronger than what I had for the previous guy. I'd like to take our already really good friendship to the next level but I'm scared he'll think I'm rebounding. I don't think I am because I honestly am not mourning or dealing with scars from the other "relationship" if you want to call it that. I think I am good because it really was short lived, but I don't want to seem slutty or anything..

do you think I'm moving too quick? what would you consider a rebound? any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your good to go without worries. I wouldn't hesitate to move forward in this new relationship. By the way, one of the symptoms of a person on the rebound is that they talk about their ex a lot and with emotions. Rule of thumb is not talk about ex at all unless your new boyfriend brings it up. Then be honest, to the point and without emotion, and attempt to move away the subject subtlety.. Anyway, sounds like you have had this friendship first for a while so he already knows all he needs. Best of luck, you will be just fine.

By the way, please rate me if I have been some help :)

What Guys Said 2

• You're perfectly fine. If it wasn't official then why does it matter? just go score :D

• well if you slept with the guy hiv takes up to 6 months to show so I wouldn't sleep with a girl that's had sex in 6 months preferably a year.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't sound like a rebound at all... you were only with the first guy for a month... I went out with a guy for 2 years, and met a new guy about a month later and dated him for 3 years... and that wasn't a rebound... go for it with the new guy... I don't think it sounds like a rebound at all!