Would you ever date a comedian?

I had a couple a girls tell me no I just wondered why? I thought being funny was a good thing?

And I don't mean like in terms of income say he has a steady job and comedy as a second job. Like girls have told me no just because of the comedy .

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I would definitely!

But I'm probably not normal because I have a soft spot for comedians all the way. But I wouldn't be able to date you if you're a comedian that's NOT funny. Turn on Comedy Central and you'll find some of those.

But I'm a 19 year old girl, and I have major comedy crushes on Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart (but they are also smart), Dane Cook (oh HELL yes), Dave Chappelle, Jo Koy...idk the list goes on and on. Even that Zach Galifianakis dude from The Hangover! I mean he's SO funny so I wouldn't even care what he looks like.

Comedians are truly needed, especially in this mad and chaotic world. If you can make me laugh amongst all the sh*t that happens nowadays, then that is truly a gift. So yes, I'd date you. I'm not a golddigger and I have a job myself, so it wouldn't quite matter what your income is if you're doing what you love.

What Girls Said 12

• that would be fun I guess to date someone who is a comedian. it's not a bad thing at all. I haven't dated one yet but I'm sure it would be fun. And as long as I got to know the real him and not just his comedic side, that would be good too.

• I like funny guys. As long as you know when to be funny and when to be serious, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I have however, always said, it would take a special person to marry a comedian because at some point, there is always a joke about the relationship, and I think it would take a certain type of person to be ok with those jokes. I don't kow if I would be one of those people, but I don't know why girls wouldn't want to date you...

• Well personally I would TOTALLY go out with a comedian! but that's just because my dad is a real funny person and I grth that so I wouldn't mind dating someone who is a comedian. But some girls would probably find that you wouldn't take certain things seriously. Or maybe you would be to busy to go out with them. I guess they just think you would make fun of them. or that your too immaute but really some immaute (respectfiul) guys are funny.

Also some girls are into comedians. they just want a guy who can make them laugh but not have it as a job... or at least that's what some of my friends think...

• i can't date guys without a sense of humour. just cant. I mean its cool if you can be serious when needed but you can't stay that way all the time or its just boring!

• Maybe some girls would think the guy wouldn't take anything seriously.

• I love funny guys! I don't know about other girls but I definitely would. Maybe they're just afraid of being made fun of.

• Most girls think guys like that play too much and are immature...but is is good to be funny once in a while but you just don't come out of no were sayin I'm a comedian it sounds like a person that plays around to much..in my opinion

• Well most some are able to seperate stage from real life, to me a comedian can just be a regualr person if they choose to be. They can make funnies just like anyone else and not b acting like they are on stage. If they choose.

• I would date a comedian.

• I think because it sends a message that ur not serious

• They're not funny unless they're working.

• well..for me I love funny guys. but TOO funny like a comedian..could be bad. It would be a bit hard to tell if you were ever serious or not. & same for some answers is that if I told you about my problems you could use them in a joke. I have watched many stand up comedians who say embarrassing things about their wife/grlfriend.

• Yeah tru but I don't know some leave um out some don't id leave that one alone

• probably not since a comedian usually jokes about his life. that would mean all of my personal stories and embarrassing moments would sometime come out for everyone to laugh at my expense.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe I wouldn't date a comedienne, since I'd probably be in their next monologue if things didn't work out! lol

Seriously though, at least it would be someone with a guaranteed sense of humor.

• Funny is a good thing, but if you come of as a clown then is not.

A clown is someone who is trying to get people to laugh on purpose. He is looking to get reaction out of other people. NOT ATTRACTIVE!

The way to be funny and attractive at the same time is to not seek reaction from other people people. Just let it come out. Like when you watch a comedy movie. Someone says something funny. You laugh, but in the movie, they move on like everything is normal. They are not seeking others reaction.

To make it short, Be funny but not in a reactive seek ways.

• Yeah I think a lot of people here are confusing comedians with clowns. I think a comdian knows the difference between the stage and real life.

• Sense of humor is always a plus.

• It's not a particularly steady source of income.

• Not as your only source but just as a second job. Girls were like no just cause a person is one.