New issue to an old problem?

OK to save a long story, I've been trying to change and improve on myself over the last 2 years or so. I made the decision and put effort into AVOIDING girls, flirting, dating, etc. so I didn't burn myself out with stress. I'm at a point where I'd like to start dipping my toes in the water, so to speak. But one thing that I've noticed is that people that I'm unfamiliar with, including girls, seem to be sort of short with me. I don't know if it's something I'm doing or not, but I am already not a good conversationalist. I'm a much better observer and listener than I am a talker. But I seem to run into walls when trying to talk to people. It's hard to keep the ball rolling when I feel like I can't keep a conversation going.

My two questions are: 1. Why is it that people (and girls) are short with me?

2. How can I go about fixing this?

What Girls Said 2

• maybe just say what's on your mind more, some girls like hearing a guys opinions on things. even if its something random lol, anything to start a conversation will work with most people

• But that's sort of the thing, there's only sonfar you can go if someone is giving you yes and no answers only. I've been making a conscious effort to ask open ended questions but sometimes they still end up being short.

• A guy who is a good listener is a plus. :)

You can always try improve on your communication if that is what you think is the problem.

I think it's the people you surround yourself with.

What Guys Said 0