My boyfriend age 49 frequently invites his kids ages 18 & 21 to join us on our dates.

We have been dating only 5 mos. He shares custody of his kids with ex wife. The son lives out of state daughter lives with him every other week. I believe his kids should be a priority but we only see each other once or twice a week. Is it normal for him to invite his kids on our dates half of the time? We have lots of fun together with his kids but I really want time alone with him. Why would he do this? We spend a lot of time with his family but he backed out of meeting my kids who are ages 9 & 11. It just feels very one sided. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Once or twice but certainly not the majority of the time. They should get to know you. However, your point is well taken -- it is one sided. You need to take up 2 subjects with him. 1) He needs to make time to meet your kids. 2) The 2 of you need alone time together.

What Guys Said 1

• his kids are twice the age of yours...he's closing 50...maybe he's trying to get acceptance from his children about you and you accepting his family parts, probably for final closure in his life

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly have no idea why he would be doing it, but you have to talk to him about it. Both things that bother you have to be talked though by the 2 of you.