Tricky Situation?

OK, so here is the situation. I thought I might like this girl. She asked me to go hang out downtown where we live. We went, and it was a lot of fun, but I didn't feel a major pull or anything. It didn't really make me want more, just a friendly relationship. Know what I mean? This girl followed up and said we should do something again and I told he sure, before school starts. She will move away right after school starts. I think she may have feelings for me.

To complicate things, I recently met this other girl. She flirts with me pretty heavily, hugs me when she sees me, you know. I like her a lot, and would like to act on this, and go out with girl 2.

So, I don't want to keep going with just girl 1 for a month and have girl 2's feelings fade. However, I don't want to hurt girl 1's feelings. I like her, but just on a friendly level. Is there a way to keep spending time with girl 1 and go out with girl 2? How to I keep the first relationship on a friendly level? Would they be OK with this? Help!

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't feel attracted to girl 1, I don't see why you can't just keep hanging out as friends until she moves? If you both have fun with each other, then that's all you need, I think. If you're attracted to girl 2 and want to go out with her, you can spend time with her as well and I don't see why either of them should have a problem with it.

The key here is to make sure you don't give girl 1 any false hopes. For example, if you flirt with her a lot or something, she's bound to get her hopes up that you like her back. If you just treat her like you would any other friend, that should be enough (well, unless you flirt with all your friends or something). I'd say to just try to be mindful of how you act with girl 1, if you think she really has feelings for you.

What Guys Said 1

• You can only really tell girl #1 that you are only interested in being friends. It just depends on how you will do it.

Don't beat around the bush, and don't waste your or her time. It will only hurt both of you. Its best to say right away how you feel.

--Matt