Sex on the first date?

I haven't dated in years so I'm new to this whole "dating" thing. I was asking one of my friends if there's still a seven day or three date rule. She said people sleep with people on the first date these days. Since I've been out of the loop for over six years, I just wanted to get opinions from everyone. Do you sleep with someone on the first date? Guys, if a girl slept with you on date one, would you think she's a slut?

Any other new age dating advice would be appreciated!

Thanks (:

• Heck yeah, get some!
  • Never on the first date!
  • Whatever happens, happens...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think putting a definitive objective rule like this on an indefinitve and subjective thing is a silly thing to do.

Sleeping with a guy on the first date when you feel you have lots of sexual and physical chemistry and you're attracted to him does not make you a slut. Sleeping around for the sake of sleeping around makes you a slut.

That being said it's a rarity for me to sleep with a girl on the first date, even if I'm really into her, just because when I first start dating a girl that's not my primary concern.

That's not to say however that I haven't had one night stands/had sex on a first date.

Speaking from personal experience however, I've found that holding off on the sex and getting to know each other a bit leads to longer lasting and more meaningful relationships, and the sex is better too.

• I loved your answer. I feel like whatever happens, happens. I've never slept with someone on the first date because I'm more about the emotion and it takes me a little while before I feel that "emotional connection". Therefore, it doesn't matter how new age dating is, I think I'm just going to stick to my morals and how I feel. If the guy blows me off because I don't want to sleep with him, then he wasn't worth my time anyways. I'm just going to let whatever happens, happen.... Thanks again (:

What Guys Said 4

• Personally, I wouldn't sleep with a woman on the first date. Even if things went really well and we really got along, I prefer much more time getting to know the other person first. For me, if I bond with her personality-wise as well over the early stages, the physical aspect will be more enjoyable when we reach that point. I know that's probably considered old-fashioned to most people, but that's just me.

• I agree with you.

• Well said (:

i agree with you and I couldn't have said it better myself (:

• I once had sex on a first date. And it was good.

And we've been together for 3 years. And I wouldn't date a girl that I consider slut.

• Thank you (:

i guess I will see what happens on my first date this thursday!!!

• My limit is three solid meetings without sex before I'm out the door

• I think seven and 3 day rule is pretty fast too. It makes you seem kind of easy.

What Girls Said 0