How would you feel if you mother was your matchmaker at 23 years old?

i am interested in a kid from my college (we've both recently graduated which is why this is so crazy to me!), but he's been very fickle with me. he'll text me on weekends and has flirted but we have never hooked up. I've known him for 4 years at my college. he does comment on my facebook and teases me, but any time we talk through text over this summer, I initiate it...except for when we were at college and he was "drunk." or at least that was his excuse. turns out I randomly asked him about one night (where he went around saying how blacked out he was) but he said "no I remember the entire time you were there."

he invited me for a visit to his home this summer and I thought he was kidding, but the next day his mom facebook friended me and left me a long message. as we continued to talk she said (a few times) "it would be nice if you came to visit this summer...hint-hint.. am I bad? yeah, I'm bad..."

BUT he really doesn't show that he's THAT interested in me. as far as I'm concerned, he just thinks were friends. also, I do know her. I'm not close with him or her, but he and I were on a sports team together so she knows who I am and has talked to my parents.

i figure, if he IS interested in me. why hasn't he shown that? it just seems that his mother took it the wrong way.

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as no one has unreasonable expectations, you should have a good time. His mother is probably just trying to be friendly.

You know her so you can tell if she already has you married or not!

What Guys Said 8

• Well it could be what some people have suggested, that he tries to play it subtle but it could also just be a fact that your mom likes you and wants you to be with him, doesn't matter if he is interested or not, she wants you to be a part of her family is another possible way to look at this.

Only reason I say this is because my mom (in basic terms) loved my sisters ex boyfriend and wanted her to stay with him however my sister didn't see much in him.

• Is he the shy type?

• OK You had me when you said "His mom friended you in Facebook!" That's a BIG DEAL!

Did I put enough exclamation marks? Maybe not! Get the clue girl,you are "IN" as in you are in the Gambino family's "IN" , forget the Frickin' "Soprano" TV show! This is the real SHIT!

P.S.: The Gambino is the prominent mob family in the New York State...

• Having your mom ask someone out for you at that point not the greatest thing, because you two already know each other. If my mom was to recommend I meet some girl in her office or something like that, that's just fine. I mean how else would that meeting ever happen.

• OK so I finally read (pronounced: :RED) your remaining message and think that this dude is gay and his mom is in denial and trying to get him to the "straight and narrow", so to speak.

Good Luck!

• idk I think you should go and hear it from him and see what HE has to say about this

the mom could just be wanting to set her son up so he could get married i.e. to you and then she could have grandkids.

You never know. The only person who does know is that guy.

• He is interested, but he sounds exactly like a friend of mine, who plays it subtle, to let the girl get all worked up about him.

Go, but play it cool, challenge him a little at his own game =).

• To Girly2599 and iXenomorph, a man should not play a game!!!!!!! End 0f stry! if he does than he is a BOY not a MAN!

• AAhh! Games are for kids! Don't you know!

• Lol, well if you insist, but I can say it works horribly well.

• WOW. what you NEED to do is go hang out with him and show him the message his mommy wrote you. he'll probably be hella embarassed and want to kill her. it is kinda weird his mom added you- maybe that shows he is interested?

What Girls Said 3

• wow. Um yeah, this is def weird to say the least. I mean if this guy has to have his MOM ask you to visit...i mean do you really want her all up in you two's business all the time, because that looks like the way it's gonna be in this situation!

However, I guess if you like her/him, you could always give it a try...

• i would feel really weird. I don't want my mom choosing who I want to be with. she can suggest stuff but not give me a boyfriend or match make for me.

• Even if it's just a little thing, red flags anyway. If mom's meddling now, imagine how worse it'll be later. Just something to ponder. But don't let it rule out the possibility of hanging out with the guy. Moms mean well, I think that they just don't think what their actions tend to do sometimes.