Why has he not called me?

OK.. long story short. I met this guy 5 months ago at a restaurant that he works had full time. I gave him my number and he never called. I saw him just the other night again and he came over to my table apologizing that he was in a relationship and didn't feel that it was right to call me,( but he told me he wanted to) he said that he was not in that relationship anymore and wanted to take me out for dinner, I said sure and he called me. We went out on Thursday night for a nice dinner, great conversation, had a few laugh's. We went back to his place and watched a movie, he kissed me with a lot of passion all night until I had to leave. I text him the next day saying thank you for dinner last night.. I had a nice time and I can't wait to kiss you again... I have not heard from him. Why? He's 33 years old and I'm 43 years old. he said age didn't matter.

A quick update. I gave in.. I called him out of curiosity and to let my soul rest..The conversation was, all he wanted was sex and not a relationship. I answered back with I never wanted a relationship with a guy that is 33 and a manager of KELLY"S! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading the answers you have been given and your responses I think you have a pretty good handle on this in so much as it really doesn't matter why he didn't call as much as how you deal with the fact he didn't call.

Without knowing the guy its hard to pick which of the pathetic and cowardly excuses he has made to himself for not calling you...could range from he is still in his relationship and therefore not actually free to date...to, he's a player who is just looking for casual sex and on not finding it has moved on to the next girl through any of a number of scenerios inbewteen.

Truth is whatever the reason, the guy is obviously rude and emotionally immature and needs to filed under "life experiences" as you move on.

I was interested that you added your ages in your question and as a single woman in my 40s I know how that little insecurity can rear its head- suffice to say despite the fact he is an ignorant fool he obviously found you attractive so I doubt very much your age has played the slightest part in the situation - his lack of common courtesy and basic respect for others is the issue here.

For my part I would continue to eat at your favorite restaurant -I doubt you will feel any less awkward than he does when you turn up again ( cowards hate to be confronted with their weakness) and should he have the affrontory to approach you again I would smile sweetly and just ask for that days specials...:)

• Caili.. thanks for your advice. His lack of common courtesy and basic respect for others is the issue here. Thanks for putting that into perspective for me even though I know exactly what you are saying. It's hard to take our own advice(when it's right) I love the part of just asking for that days special :) I should not avoid my favorite restaurant.. due to the fact that he works there. I will walk in next time with my head held high as I normally do. He lost out on a Great Girl.

What Guys Said 1

• not sure

What Girls Said 6

• He may not have been into you as much as he was into trying to get into your pants. If you didn't give it up, that could be the reason, he just wanted to get laid...if you did give it up, that could be the reason, because he got laid. Guys to me are confusing. I wish I was an expert, but unfortunately I have a tough enough time being treated like garbage myself when it comes to them. They are frustrating, but just move on to the next guy. You'll find happiness soon.

• No I did not give it up!! Thank God. I told him I have not sleep with a guy for at least a year. He wanted to sleep with me but did not push me into anything. He seemed to understand. (at least I thought he understood) We had great passion with one another. Men are very confusing ... I agree. My only thought why he hasn't called me or text me is that he works until 2 am and he his the manager of the restaurant? Thanks for your advice. :)

• Edit* I meant to say (were 2 way feelings not just one sided) :)

• Ditto on the companionship.. I just don't know what to do because I eat at this restaurant all the time. I avoided going there last night and went to the same restaurant in another town. I don't want him to think I'm desperate.. cause I'm not. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I hope you and I find the right fish :)

• well for whatever reason he doesn't call then he doesn't call. A guy can have a lot of odd reasons not to call a girl again. like he said he might be in another relationship. Guys sometimes don't change, and most don't.

• I would honestly let this one slide into oblivion...Really doesn't sound like a keeper. As for why he hasn't called you - who knows, and it doesn't really matter. Just as you say - there are plenty of fish...

• ugh ! men OK well first of all you need to leave the boy alone from how it sound he is still with his girlfriend. they might of just been fighting that's why he wanted to mess with you.they will lie that they are not with there girlfriend just to have sex with womne they have no respect for them self some of them.

• It kind of sounds like he made you his rebound girl. I don't think you should see him anymore.

• Rebound gir..l I can see you point of view. I would hope not :( thanks for your advice :)

• Yeh I know it's really hurtful but trust me, you can do better. Good luck.

• Thanks.. my friends are telling me the same thing. I can do better. :)

• i would be worried that he's a liar... I wouldn't trust him.

• Trust I see your point. No I do not trust him at all... he has given me no reason to trust him..especially after this! I do not trust anyone but me :)