Do you base who you date on their religion?

I'm curious about this. I've had girls who really wanted to be with me, but found my lack of belief in anything spiritual really weird, I'm an Atheist. Has anyone else had these problems? I'm not against dating a girl who is religious. Hell I would even wait till marriage to sleep with her if I truly cared about her, but Christians are suppose to be taught to accept all, but then they can't accept someone who doesn't believe?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know some religions believe not to date someone that is not within their religion, so that may be why. I remember at my church they would say not to date someone who didn't believe in God cause it would turn you, but I don't see it that way. I think God will lead me to the right person, and if they don't believe in God that could be why I was lead to them.

Anyway, I remember a boy I liked and he liked me back wouldn't date me because I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I do judge a person by their religion. It would be hard to date them if they didn't believe in the samethings I do. I'm a christian and I would want me and him to live our lives based on the bible. So... if that person isn't a chirstian... too bad because I'm not even gon give them my number.

• Christians are taught to accept people, accepting doesn't meant they have to marry them. Your willing to wait till marriage? Well good your able to behave as though you held similar religious standards though you don't really believe in them. Its all a choice, and seeing as how Christian women for the most part should be waiting till marriage then shouldn't they be dating to marry? Can you really hold it against a person with deep belief in something to want their partner not just to go through the motions of their beliefs but to share in them? Just being the devils advocate, I too do not subscribe to any specific religious thought.

• im a christian, and I only date christian, not because I'm stuck up or anything

its just for the best I mean you want to date someone who understands your belief

we are taught to accept everyone and love everyone and I do I truly do...but when it comes to dating I guess you just want someone who you can share your belief with someone who can also strengthen your belief. Like I said I only date christians like myself but people are different, I mean I would only date like a serious christian someone who truly loves God...Its just how I am. People may laugh or mock me but heyy :))

but I think its sweet how you are willing to wait for someone you truly cared about..!

• Yeah I know what you mean, it wouldn't feel right to have a relationship with someone that had conflicting beleifs to my own, we can accept others without needing to date them id only date another christian out of personal choice

• Problem occurs if religion means something to her- Growing in love means growing in faith together. I can't see myself befriending an atheist, not even talking about dating... Religion is so intertwined in who you are, having someone you love not believe in who/what you are is psychologically self destructive. Personally, I wouldn't want to marry someone that does not believe in God, cause marriage is "a promise you make before God"...Marriage will have no significance to you.. it will be empty words, no vows & only be a piece of paper? Good luck finding a religious girl that will enter a life long relationship knowing how you value this bond. Maybe better to stick to an atheist who understands your values & norms?

What Guys Said 4

• I won't date Mormons, Catholics, or Muslims.

I don't have anything against those religions, but I have found through experience that girls from those religions will push for you to join, and as the relationship progresses, it becomes less about the relationship, and more about the faith.

If there are girls from those religions that don't do this, I'm all for it, and mean no disrespect, but that is my experience.

And Catholic girls bring marriage up WAY too soon. Again, coming from experience.

• Since I'm an atheist it's what I'd prefer because I find religion pointless and annoying, but as long as she doesn't force me to go to church and do religious things I don't care what she is.

• I don't factor in religion base on who I date.

• If they start to impose their beliefs on you then its a problem, it they are more tollerant and liberal with respect to others beliefs then no. Just depends on the person.