Why are men controlling?

my boyfriend hates me going out, threatens to finish me if I do go out, always says my money is his.. tells me to lose weight, just controls everything I do! I know I shouldn't put up with it, it's getting worse! why do men do this?

why are "some" guys controlling!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Men? Who are you trying to kid?

Women are _much_ more controlling --- and much better at it --- than men ever could be.

He's controlling in a heavy-handed manner. No one needs that.

Why not just dump him? ``Just Do It.''

• weird, I thought most women enjoy being submissive to men, love letting men walk all over them, hence the reason why they never give the nice guys a chance and always go for the assholes, jerks, bad boys

• All girls are not stupid like that!! only few immature ones!

• Well I thought that was the definition of "masculinity"? girls always want guys to lead them unfortuneately

• The ones who are controlling mostly engage in that behavior as a way of compensating for their own insecurity - at your expense. It is abuse, and my advice would be not to accept or tolerate that type of treatment again.

• um men don't do that selfish little boys do that, tell him to stop if he doesn't leave him, and if you don't stand up for yourself its going to get worse,

• LOL, was going to let of a rant about how sexist your comments were, but the update changed my mind...

Why are some people controlling - answer that, and you have your answer.

• Lol some one pm and told me not ALL men are controlling.. I was a genuine mistake lol

• because some women allow it

• Generally its a power/dominance thing you need to get away and STAY away these are the type of guy that beat women its not much of a step because you said you always go back to him if you know this he so does. You have to find a way to stay away from him, no phone calls/texts/notes anything. My sister dates guys like this and its the same way every time either my brother or me have to get involved before she can stay away from them. Find someone friend/family that will help you not get pulled back to him (it will only work if you listen to them and it will be hard) I guarantee he does not love you he loves that you do what he tells you to even if it causes you pain. Sorry this is all over the place but this stuff p*sses me off. Please find a way it will only get worse.

What Girls Said 2

• What? Not all men are like that. That's abuse. Don't put up with it.

• No all men are not controlling,and if you have a boyfriend who proclaims to love you but threatens to "finish you",complains about your weight,says your money is his, won't let you go out then you need to politely tell him that you don't need a f@#$ing pimp you want a boyfriend-he's in the wrong line of work!

• Y do you think he does this tho.. he is going out tonight and he has been texting me tellin me I'm not going out.. WTF!! lol