Should I feel embarrased for asking her out?

I'm an introverted quiet guy that took a liking to this girl who liked to go to bars and parties. I liked her enough to eventually ask her out on a date. She went with me, but it got no further than that. Eventually, she settled back to her routine of going to bars and parties with friends.

I got over it; but the next time I saw her, several months later, I felt embarrassed for liking her so much and asking her out. I feel like a fool for thinking that it could work. But when I saw her, it all hit me: of course she wouldn't go out with someone like me because I'm not like her---I don't party and go to bars and all that. And thinking that made me feel even more embarrassed, especially seeing her interact with the more outgoing/bar/partier guys in the group.

I was just---I don't know how I could have thought there was a potential for a serious, long-term relationship. I felt so naive and like a fool.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't feel embarrassed or like a fool. You did what a lot of guys wouldn't have done. You actually asked her out! That's very cool.

If you want to try again, hold your head up high and ask her out again. But, if you're not willing to be more of a party guy, and she wants to continue being a party girl, you're going to run into a lot of problems.

It may be smarter to chalk this up to experience and look for someone that is more interested in the things that you enjoy. It'll be easier in the long run, believe me.

What Girls Said 2

• Be proud that you're brave enough to put yourself out there. On your way to finding someone right for you, you're bound to run into all kinds of people you just don't click with. C'est la vie.

• If you want to really live while you're alive, you need to take some risks. In your case, you took a risk, but it didn't work out. OK, so learn from this experience. Everybody plays the fool, some time.

What Guys Said 2

• welcome to rejection, we all get it every now and them.

every day starts out bright and gets happier as it goes, its the twilight you have to be careful of.

there's plenty of fish in the sea, you'll catch yours eventually just keep at it

• At least you had the guts to ask her out I could never ask a girl out.