Is online dating good or bad?

Is going on match.com the most pathetic thing in the world?

I have kind of always felt that way, but I’m really sick of being alone. I would just hate for my how we met story to be that we met online.

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is just a tool that's easier to use and access than some real life counterparts. It's basically just a program playing matchmaker for you, kind of like someone who does it as a job (I think I remember something about them existing). You fill out something letting people know who you are, what you like, and what you're looking for, and people can sort through that and choose people similar to them.

It's a lot like going to something like a speed dating place and just removing those who don't fit a certain criteria. I see absolutely nothing wrong with using it, I know someone who has married from match.com and he's very happy with it.

What Guys Said 3

• A friend of mine met a met his wife online. There is nothing pathetic about using the tools you have available to find happiness.

• It didn't work for me so I gave up. Based on that I say bad. There shouldn't be any shame in trying it though.

• In this busy society we have today it is that much more difficult to find love. Online dating is becoming much less taboo than it was a few years ago. There are many career oriented people on these sites that just can't find the time to go out and court. Of course, the alternative to online dating is that much less pathetic. Let's go to a ar get drunk, and regret it in the mroning. Let's mingle because we work together and wathced the sh&t storm of office gossip engulf us. Online dating may be the only way to go these days

What Girls Said 2

• Pfft, I'm engaged to a guy I met via online, and our story is great. I talked to him the day after my birthday when I was sick in bed from food poisoning and too much drink (worst combination ever). We talked for hours, I had never had the urge to meet someone so much. We met a week later he drove two hours just to meet me. We each shared that we swore we had met each other in another life or something because of how well we got along. We went to a beach to watch the sunset and I fell asleep in his arms, he just held me all night. He woke me up with a kiss on the forehead telling me if I cheated him out of watching the sunset with him that I at least had to watch the sunrise. I was his.

• That is the most beautiful story I have heard in a long time, I always thought online dating was stupid to, but this story has literaly changed my mind.

• Oh that's so beautiful :'( I slightly hate you lol :)

• It's not pathetic. I met my boyfriend online and specially told him never to tell anyone EVER. Lol, I told him to say that we went at Starbucks...which we did..the first date. lol

I don't consider it pathetic because I'm busy with school and work and I just don't have time to meet guys outside my social circle. But it's also not something I'm proud of