Is it naive to start dating someone who has an off and off relationship with his ex?

I started hanging out with this guy from work and he told me he's been single for a couple of months after being with a girl he was with for 6 years. He told me I'm the first girl he really hanged out with since her. I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks and when I saw him at work he acted distant. I found out he was back with his ex. So today when I saw him at work he started flirting with me and he asked to hang out again. I didn't give him an answer because I'm confused. I don't wanna be the rebound girl but I really like this guy. So should I give him a chance or is this a no brainer?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say no-brainer. However, you don't need to necessarily completely give up. If you really like, him you can remain friends (still talk/hang out) while keeping your options open (like he is with his ex). That way when/if things end for good, and he does his rebounds, etc - you can see from there. Never make someone your priority while you're only an option.

You don't have to tell him off, but don't put your heart into this guy. You never know who could cross your path while waiting on his ex.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it's foolish. Why would you want to be a detail instead of a priority?

What Girls Said 2

• Don't do it! t's kinda funny but I was just in the SAME EXACT situation and I chose not to give him a chance. He knows you're available so he's gonna jump at the first opportunity so don't give in.

• If you were confused or hurt by what he did, it's a no brainer answer. If it's a on and off relationship, than let it be. He still has feelings for her, and he may have feelings for you too, but the ex has the upper hand. Just let it be and move on. If they break up and they stay broken up for like 3 months, than I would say that's a go a head.