How long after the first date to contact?

How long after the first date do you think you should wait to text/call the girl and say hello and try to set up date 2. Too soon and it may seem desperate/clingy, too long and it may seem you are uninterested.

edit- for me personally, the date went alright, normal initial awkwardness, she was very talkative, however neither of us mentioned a next time. And I like the girl enough to want to pursue another date.

Most Helpful Girl

• well you just need to pick a day...and give her a few days notice. and tell her that: "what are you doing (on whatever day)? and how wld you like to go (where ever) with me?...I personally like a guy who plans in advanced. id say wait a couple of days to ask her out but still make small talk through txtn or talking on the phone in between. bottom line if a girl doenst like you and you talk to her more than once a week she will say your desperate BUT if she likes you she will want to talk to you just as much...Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• The next day. Any longer than that and I assume he's either not interested or he's playing games. Both of which make me try to forget about him. By the time he calls again a few days later I already have some negative feelings about him so there's no point in going out with him again. Not all girls feel this way, but I like dating a guy who knows he's not desperate and is confident enough in his masculinity that he doesn't feel the need to play games to prove it.

• if your really interested just text her the day after saying you had a good time and would like to take her out again on the weekend. trust me if she's into you shell be very happy that you texted her. or better yet you could even call her, I don't think there are any rules to how many days you should contact her just be honest no games if you want to contact her then do it :)

What Guys Said 1

• Follow my rule. Text/call only as soon as you want to. I guarantee it works