How can I look more my age?

I am 20 years old, but I often get mistaken for a high schooler, sometimes even a middle schooler! I would rather look like I belong on my college campus instead of looking too young to be there.

My pictures are in my profile, if you care to see what I look like on a daily basis. How can I look more my age?

I just though I'd add, I recently dyed my hair a chocolate brown.

Thanks to the girls {and guys} who help. : )

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, RE: the poster below... I'm guessing the guy in your photos 20+? Which is lesson one, older people (like 40's 50's probably can't tell if you're 20 or 25, so pay no attention to what they say!) I was out with two older couples (my parents age) and one was joking to me that I'd get ID'd at the bar, and the other was asking if I was over 30 yet? wtf lol.

Anyway, I'd say you look your age, maybe a year or two younger. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's a good thing in a few years for sure. I'm almost 30 and could probably pass for 21 most days although I haven't been carded in a few years which at least helps my confidence that I don't look too young. Best part is I am dating a 23 year old and we look great together since I don't look like an old man :)

But I really don't think there is a ton you can do to look older, people will say things like dress older, but I find the best thing you can do is just project confidence in yourself and act your age... when you do this, people will realize you are older by your mannerisms/tone/behaviour.

What Guys Said 2

• Hate to tell you this, but other than the one photo where you look like a teenage boy (must be your bf), you look your age. You're 20! When you're 30 you'll be looking for those nice people that said you looked like you were in middle school. Don't worry so much. Enjoy your 20's. They'll be gone before you know it.

• I think your natural color makes you look a little more your age. The deep color makes you look younger.

Don't worry about this, time will 'solve' this 'problem.'

What Girls Said 4

• You look really sweet and innocent which is a good thing. In the pic where you have eyeliner, that does make you look older.

Your personality could also be a factor. Talking in a high pitched voice also makes people seem younger.

I think the dark hair might also help.

Try to dress a little older maybe. Anything "professional -ish" will help. Like a blazer-shaped jacket on top of things, some flats, or things with a little lace.

Try adding bits and pieces from looks like these:

link

• you look really younge in the face, lol I have to opposite problem I look 23 and I am 20. But I am dating an 18 year old ...

Hmm I would say try some make up but not a lot... You have really pretty eyes, Maybe a little bit of eyeliner. but don;t over od it because most college girls don't wear a lot of it so go somewhat light.

But that's all I can think of. Look at the girls at your college and figure out what's not the same on you That's how I did it when I was in high school trying to get guys not in highschool.

Now I am trying to look younger :O Its hard

• Lol I find this funny because I wanted to post this about me because I get mistaken for being 16, but I will be 20 in September lol. Maybe you should try dressing a little more mature and wearing make-up, but go for the natural look. Honestly, I am having the same problem, sorry I can't give you more answers.

• i have the same problem, I hate too much make up... I love to be natural