Is He For Real?

I met this guy on a dating site. We had a lovely date together and since then he has called and emailed me every day. He says I am exactly what he is looking for and always asks about my children and family when I speak with him. We have arranged for him to come and stay with me this weekend (not to have sex!).

It all seems a bit too good to be true. Maybe I'm just a bit of a cynic. He is 34, a bit older than me so maybe he's just more sure of what he wants but I can't help but think he has an ulterior motive. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you need to let your guard down and just let life happen. You said you had a lovely date so it seems like he passed the 'isn't-a-creep-test' so now you are moving to the next stage which is spending more time together and getting to know each other.

As for spending the weekend with you, just make sure that you don't give into temptation as it is usually easier said than done. Do spend the time with him and see how he is with the kids and above else, don't keep trying to figure out an ulterior motive as he may be quite genuine.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not typical, even for an internet guy, to be so interested in a woman, that he asks about her children. I'm sure you will agree?

I would say that it speaks volumes to him being an honorable man. I'm not saying to rush things forward, but give him a chance to prove himself, and I am willing to put money up that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

What Girls Said 2

• well you can always give it a try and see how it goes but be careful of meeting people online , don't trust them right away . just watch out alooot , just get to know him more

• Internet relationships, even ones that just start over the net, seem to move much faster than face to face ones and I am always a bit leery of what kinds of people tend to use internet dating sites. As with any relationship keeps your eyes and ears open and be careful. As someone who is in a complicated "relationship" (if you can call it that) with a guy 8 years older than myself, that much of an age difference does seem to make a difference sometimes. He will have likely done a lot of things that you haven't and that is something to be aware of in general, even if it doesn't pose a problem.

But good luck and I hope it works out for you :)